• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the most underated and overated players

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Really hope you are joking mate !
I tried to post the old 'sour grapes' picture but my brain's gone into HTML skills meltdown.

(must go to the testing forum one day)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
luckyeddie said:
I tried to post the old 'sour grapes' picture but my brain's gone into HTML skills meltdown.

(must go to the testing forum one day)
There were nothing wrong with the code..

Needed http:// at the front :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thanks, Neil.
"Modern technology baffles pi**ed old hack" is the phrase which springs to mind, but that's not original. Still, that's never stopped me before.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Points for attempting my name and getting it right (copy and paste no doubt ;)). That's more guts than most on this forum. :)
Two things...

LE, what in Martyn's name is Doppelanger...?

And Mr Mxyzptlk, honest to God there was no copy and paste... its all about remembering the letters Mr em ex why zee pee tee ell kay. :happy:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Linda said:
Two things...

LE, what in Martyn's name is Doppelanger...?
A German word meaning 'double', tends to get used for 'Evil Twin'.

There was a reasonably crap science fiction film of the same name made in the late 1960's or early 1970's of the same title, and it postulated the existence of an 'Earth II' exactly on the opposite side of the sun - a sort-of 'opposite land' where everything looks the same at first sight (then you see the positive electrons, letters all the wrong way round, they don't pepper Steve Waugh with short balls when he first comes in to bat, Devil Ducky actually funny, that sort of thing).

Well, one thing led to another, 'they' sent a space mission to this other world only for it to fail, the guy ends up back on Earth. Only it isn't. Everything's backwards. The Doppelganger world had also sent a mission at the exact same time - only the viewer is aware of that, all the characters think the astronaut is nuts.

He ends up being a binner for some time, attempts to commit suicide by ramming a wheelchair into a mirror (because everything looks 'normal' when you look into a mirror) and so on.

In keeping with your original question, the film went down like a lead balloon because the title sounded too 'sciencey'. So they renamed it 'Journey to the Far Side of the Sun' in typical 'dumbing down for the masses' marketing fashion - and it still flopped.

Because it was crap. A marvellous idea, just done so poorly.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
OOOOOkkkkk

Ill let you know right away that I didnt read most of that post.
I was hoping for a quick one worded answer. :blink: