• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Of These Bowlers Will Have The Best Career?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The impressive thing about Broad is getting his strike rate down from 77 to 62, if he carries on taking wickets as regularly as he has in the last few years that will soon be below 60. Good effort after a poor start to his career.

FBU

International Debutant
Since the start of the thread

76 Tests 295 wickets at 27.12 econ 3.01 s/r 54.0 14/2 - Stuart Broad - next generation Finn, Wood
55 Tests 180 wickets at 30.45 econ 2.97 s/r 61.4 7/0 - Peter Siddle - Hazlewood, Starc, Pattinson
54 Tests 187 wickets at 27.68 econ 2.94 s/r 56.3 5/0 - Morne Morkel - Rabada
53 Tests 157 wickets at 38.38 econ 3.36 s/r 68.4 5/1 - Ishant Sharma - Yadav
44 Tests 156 wickets at 31.46 econ 3.02 s/r 62.3 3/1 - Southee - Bracewell, Milne

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Sharma's the best credentialled, for mine. Has everything a pace bowler could want and will be the undisputed number 1 in a couple of years. Siddle, however, is vastly under-rated.
Got this absolutely right. It's my thread, y'all just live here.

Last edited:

Kirkut

International Regular
:laugh: people had such high expectations from Sharma, though I must agree he's been better recently.

FBU

International Debutant
In ODIs since Mar 09

87 games 151 at 23.52 econ 4.92 s/r 28.6 - Morkel
79 games 116 at 31.50 econ 5.43 s/r 34.7 - Broad
78 games 109 at 31.14 econ 5.33 s/r 35.0 - Southee
54 games 76 at 31.73 econ 5.81 s/r 32.7 - Sharma
16 games 14 at 40.57 econ 4.64 s/r 54.3 - Siddle

Daemon

I know Pakistan does not play a lot of test cricket now days and gets overlooked but in terms of potential I would put Umer Gul right up there with some of these guys and with Shoaib gone and Asif also staring the gun the added responsibility might ever mature him much quicker as a bowler.

In terms of potential-
Sharma
Morkel
Gul
Siddle
Broad
Southee
Gul >> any of the above bowlers

I'd put Gul, Morkel, Siddle and Sharma in a completely different category compared to Broad and Southee. Praveen Kumar would belong in the same category as the latter two.

Lel

Burner

International Regular
So this is what Sharma was before he turned into a joke? Hard to believe that in an alternate universe there's a hardworking world-beater bowler called Ishant.

Kirkut

International Regular
So this is what Sharma was before he turned into a joke? Hard to believe that in an alternate universe there's a hardworking world-beater bowler called Ishant.
Ishant in 2008 was remniscent of Ambrose in late 80's (really, he was that good). Rest is history.

Flem274*

123/5
Ishant in 2008 was remniscent of Ambrose in late 80's (really, he was that good). Rest is history.
no he wasn't lol

he was really promising absolutely, but he was hardly running around taking 5/30 with 150kph steep bouncing deliveries.

smash84

The Tiger King
Ishant has bowled really well in tests the last couple of years, ftr.
true, he seems to have turned a corner finally and i think the management has been good in the sense that they have been keeping him away from LO cricket