• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which international players went to your school

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Allan Border went ot my High School. He even came down there once while I was in the First Grade team and had a few words with us about school pride and all that crap. Top bloke.
Mosman boy, good on ya!

Played a game with him, years after he went to Queensland and became Australia's captain, at Mosman Oval

He hit a six into a neighbouring house and this lady come out hurling all sorts of abuse because the ball had broken a window on their porch.

His response - "Sorry Mum, etc etc etc"

Priceless

Last edited:

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
None, we don’t play cricket in East London let alone harbour thoughts of becoming a professional. Produced a fair few professional footballers mind but none who have yet to become full internationals, although, they have all been capped at under-21 level.
Dont know which part of east london you're talking about (i take it you mean Uk and not sa coz u dont hav a location on your profile) but im from the ilford area and theres been loads of england and essex players from here.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
nah its in a london borough, essex played there but middlesex play at lords and you cant say that aint in london! I always say im from london if anyone asks

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
nah its in a london borough, essex played there but middlesex play at lords and you cant say that aint in london! I always say im from london if anyone asks
Yeah, Redbridge. Slightly erroneous to suggest its East London. Although, Barking is now in East London as well and I can remember when I was a kid and that was in Essex as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No-one who I know of from my alma mata has even played FC cricket, although a couple of brothers (the Catleys) played for Suffolk when the minors used to enter the early rounds of the C&G Trophy.

Was born in same hospital as Sir Clive Woodward tho. :cool:

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Yeah, Redbridge. Slightly erroneous to suggest its East London. Although, Barking is now in East London as well and I can remember when I was a kid and that was in Essex as well.
Not to get in to an argument or anything, but where would you call it if not east? If you're picky you could say north east i suppose, but ask anyone who lives there and its east london, especially since a lot of people from the hackney sort of area have moved out this way over the years. If it has changed, maybe it was when the m25 was built - i think anything inside can generally be referred to as part of greater london. Before long london will be including southend the way its expanding at the moment though, theres no green belt in between my house and the city anyway.:@

Flem274*

123/5
Two teachers of mine currently play FC cricket (Peter Ingram and Tim Weston) for CD. We've produced an U-19 rep, Daniel Bolstad, and a current All Black by the name of Conrad Smith. But he went to Wellington for uni and rugby so Heath and his injured fast bowling mates have him now.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Just two Cambridge openers at my place - one the current captain. They came back to play against us last season as well, scary prospect. On a sodden pitch and outfield where 2.5 an over was a solid run rate (in a 110 overs time game!), the captain scored a fifty at over a run a ball, hitting as many boundaries as all the rest of the batsmen in the game put together.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Our school was and still is desperately crap at sports. Our best sportsmen who happened to play cricket at some stage during their years at Logan Park High School were Mark Dickel (NZ basketballer) and Chris Donaldson (NZ sprinter). I'd actually have to suggest, sadly, that I am probably the one in recent years to have played the most senior cricket in Dunedin. Which, considering how average I am, is a scary thought.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
A few international track athletes went to my old high school. Only cricketer of repute is Simon Jackson who played FC cricket for the first time this past WI season. Robert Samuels used to coach me and him there. Not sure if he still does this season. Should be coaching the team here at my uni but haven't been to training.Didn't make sense as I'd missed a couple weeks. Will do next year and see if I can string together some good performances to play FC if the Combined Campuses & Colleges team is still around then.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's saying that it's in Essex!
TBF most people would want to disassociate themselves from there.

Umm, no in answer to the thread question, not surprising really, as we didn't play cricket, or rugby or any other sport much other then football, and we were rubbish at that.

A few quite high profile murderers, one in my class :D

Ahh, Vincent Thompson High School, halcyon days.....

ret

International Debutant
Ranjit Sinhji and Duleep Sinhji

the Ranji Trophy and the Duleep Trophy are named after them :D

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Current NZ internationals Mathew Sinclair, Jacob Oram, Jamie How and Ross Taylor.

Unsure on past NZ international players but we've had enough for a whole XI.