• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which current players will score a Test 300?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
I think it was two touring Indians, Shute Bannerjee and Chandu Sarwate who both scored 100's on the tour to England in a first class game batting at 10 and 11. I think its the only such instance in 1st class cricket.
Here it is.

May 1946. Surrey vs the touring Indians at Kennington Oval. Alec Bedser with five wickets runs through the top of the Indian batting order. Bannerjee at 11 joins Bannerjee who just came in at 10. The two put on 249 runs scoring 124 not out and 121 respectively !!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
SJS said:
Here it is.

May 1946. Bannerjee at 11 joins Bannerjee who just came in at 10. The two put on 249 runs scoring 124 not out and 121 respectively !!
Quite something if Bannerjee can have a partnership of 249 with himself! :laugh:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I quite like the idea of someone batting on their own - smacks of backyard cricket to me. Although batting with certain tailenders around at the moment *cough* Chris Martin, Ashish Nehra *cough* must feel like being on your own! :laugh:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I worry about Strauss sometimes. He's certainly a tremendous player, and I would be delighted to see him do it one day, but I'm just not convinced that he's got what it takes to score a triple-century.

I think that Justin Langer has what it takes. What's going against him is how long exactly he has left in the international game. He has tremendous powers of concentration, though.

Craig

World Traveller
Langer strikes me as a guy when it is going well for him he is very good, when it is not, he is ordinary.

telsor

U19 12th Man
I'd think Ponting has a fair chance...he's scored 4(?) doubles in the past 2 years, so he has the habit of making big scores.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Casson said:
I think that Justin Langer has what it takes. What's going against him is how long exactly he has left in the international game. He has tremendous powers of concentration, though.
my thoughts exactly.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
a massive zebra said:
Tendulkar does not have the mental capacity to make a triple - he struggles to make it to 200 leave alone 300.
i expected that from "tendulkar experts" like tec but i am surprised that you say so...anyway let's wait and see...
:)

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
S.Fleming would be my choice he would have made 300 in srilanka but declared at 274*.He has started to covert his fifties into big scores,
just a matter of time before he scores a 300 in my opinion

shaka

International Regular
I would agree, Fleming has the ability (shown by his 274*), but can he do it in the first innings of a test, this would be his best chance, as with everyone else.

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
SJS said:
Here it is.

May 1946. Surrey vs the touring Indians at Kennington Oval. Alec Bedser with five wickets runs through the top of the Indian batting order. Bannerjee at 11 joins Bannerjee who just came in at 10. The two put on 249 runs scoring 124 not out and 121 respectively !!
That was going to be a quiz question :(

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
mi random answer is matt sinclair when he scores a hundred he can make a big big score and if its his day he might be a contender