• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Cricket World Cup Was the Least Interesting?

Which World Cup was the Least Interesting?

Votes: 2 4.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 2 4.1%

Votes: 27 55.1%

Votes: 6 12.2%

Votes: 6 12.2%

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

King Kane

International Debutant
2007 is the worst I can remember, poor crowds, a lot of one sided games, even the final was a shambles with the match finishing in close to darkness.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This one so far. Boring as bat**** for the most part and a terrible place to play it. Still has time to turn it around, results wise at least.

Redbacks

International Captain
2003 was real curse moments for South Africa, I remember they stuffed up Duckworth-Lewis a blocked out the last bell before the rain stopped the match.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This WC has been the least interesting in my time watching, just ahead of (behind?) 2007. The semi finals really haven’t changed that. Just turgid decks, visibility so poor it’s like a pea souper at most venues even with high def pictures in broad daylight. 3/10. There’ll be a class action in 20 years time by all th players whose lungs pack it in after a month and a half in it

If there’s a good final tomorrow it would help lift it a bit imo. All subjective though.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I'm torn on this one. I've thoroughly enjoyed the rise of Afghanistan and the Netherlands, along with the fun of watching England suffer through 9 games of pain.

The domination of bat over ball has been ridiculous though. This is the World Cup many people think 2015 was. It also says a lot that you didn't really need two spinners either, so it's not like the SENA sides were challenged to adapt and expose their second spinner every game. It was all about the bosh.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Well if you had the WC in late spring/early Summer, where it would spin more, half of the S.E.N.A. teams would be out retired hurt/exhausted by now. Most venues around that time are boiling hot in the day & spinners would generally prosper a lot more, this is also why the last two times India lost a (test)series in India was early winter/autumn where the pacers can get a lot of assistance in some places. It's nigh impossible to beat India in the drier months!