• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

where should the fifth test be played

where should the fifth test be played

• melbourne

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • sydney

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • hobart

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • canberra

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • here, there, everywhere

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Spark

Global Moderator
canberra and i'm not even biased on that regard as i likely won't even be in canberra by then

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully Perth. Tassie is now closing its borders again too. And in fact they've had as hard a boarder as WA, so they can get ****ed too.

Plus it's gonna rain all summer in Sydney so we can't do two draws here.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tassie's tainted by their association to Tim Paine anyway

pretty clearly Melbourne v Canberra. it would be pretty funny to see Melbourne knocked back for Canberra

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
canberra and i'm not even biased on that regard as i likely won't even be in canberra by then
Would usually agree but it probably doesn't hold enough to hold an Ashes Test.

I think they'll probably just stay in Sydney.

Shady Slim

International Coach
anderson would take twenty wickets in a la nina at hobart after taking none in the first four tests so hobart's out because cricket australia are cowards who don't play home games on pitches that don't suit them

Spark

Global Moderator
anderson would take twenty wickets in a la nina at hobart after taking none in the first four tests so hobart's out because cricket australia are cowards who don't play home games on pitches that don't suit them
i mean if hobart people wanted test matches maybe they could have actually attended one at any point in the last decade

Shady Slim

International Coach
i mean if hobart people wanted test matches maybe they could have actually attended one at any point in the last decade
yeah but do you think i'm approaching this from the perspective of what's best for CA's coffers or what's best for shady slim

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I just wish that Bangladesh or Zimbabwe would get a match in Sydney not in school holidays and see how many people turn up.
Give the match to Hobart if it can’t be played in Perth.

Spark

Global Moderator
I just wish that Bangladesh or Zimbabwe would get a match in Sydney not in school holidays and see how many people turn up.
Give the match to Hobart if it can’t be played in Perth.
off the top of my head they've had tests against NZ and SA in the last ten years, teams consistently pushing to be one of the top three or four sides in the world and competing at the pointy end for major honours in LO cricket. they can't complain about not having good enough opposition to come watch.