• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where in the world is Zulqarnain Haider?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
True that. The guy still has so much charisma. Imran by the standards of a 57 year old still looks very good.

I hear he still works very hard on his fitness levels. I hope he becomes the prime minister someday. He seems to be the only one who genuinely cares for Pakistan.
I would vote for him with my eyes closed.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Well...compared to what we have at the moment...good enough reason for me.
will make no iota of difference first even if he comes in to power it will be a weak goverment which means a lot of compromises have to be made and eventhough he himself is decent but some of his party members are as ****e is others so by the time the chain of command flows down the corruption will be as much as it is with the present govt.

Faisal1985

will make no iota of difference first even if he comes in to power it will be a weak goverment which means a lot of compromises have to be made and eventhough he himself is decent but some of his party members are as ****e is others so by the time the chain of command flows down the corruption will be as much as it is with the present govt.
You are right, no question about the fact that a uniform change will be tough to get regardless of him becoming the PM. But i don't see anyone else out there who has even a minor chance of having a small opportunity to make a change.....i would take my chances by voting for him, provided the other candidates are the same as today.

For one thing he might be able to fix our cricket...

smash84

The Tiger King
Well...compared to what we have at the moment...good enough reason for me.
Even otherwise he is a very good prospect. Might have done really well in a less corrupt and more educated country.

Not really. Imran has never really signed up the most corrupt of the lot to his party. At least none that I am aware of. And if he was only power hungry he would have joined Nawaz in 97 or the multiple times that Musharraf had invited him to become PM. It is just that he doesn't want to come in like that. And the man does have credibility that has been built over time due to the actions that he has taken.

So Imran is definitely the best choice as far as I am concerned. And he would definitely at least do something good for our cricket.

Faisal1985

Even otherwise he is a very good prospect. Might have done really well in a less corrupt and more educated country.

Not really. Imran has never really signed up the most corrupt of the lot to his party. At least none that I am aware of. And if he was only power hungry he would have joined Nawaz in 97 or the multiple times that Musharraf had invited him to become PM. It is just that he doesn't want to come in like that. And the man does have credibility that has been built over time due to the actions that he has taken.

So Imran is definitely the best choice as far as I am concerned. And he would definitely at least do something good for our cricket.
To be honest i don't know what kind of people he signed up for his party. To me it doesn't make that big of a difference, if Imran is honest, he can very well let those people go too. But i guess when you are in politics you can't be correct every single time, sometimes you may need those fox minded people in the party to succeed and play politics. Imran himself is not a politician so he may need those types of people.

To me i don't see how Imran could be any worse then what we have right now. Right now its a web of corrupt people sitting on top of the people controlling every single thing from energy to commodity prices and God knows what else....I think we need an Imran to bring people together and i hope he gets a chance...

smash84

The Tiger King
To be honest i don't know what kind of people he signed up for his party. To me it doesn't make that big of a difference, if Imran is honest, he can very well let those people go too. But i guess when you are in politics you can't be correct every single time, sometimes you may need those fox minded people in the party to succeed and play politics. Imran himself is not a politician so he may need those types of people.

To me i don't see how Imran could be any worse then what we have right now. Right now its a web of corrupt people sitting on top of the people controlling every single thing from energy to commodity prices and God knows what else....I think we need an Imran to bring people together and i hope he gets a chance...
Agree to the part in bold.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Another Imran isn't going to happen though. He's a once in a lifetime cricketer. It'd be a bit like Australians saying "what we need to stop these middle order collapses is for another Bradman to emerge; then we'll be fine!"

Find another avenue.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Another Imran isn't going to happen though. He's a once in a lifetime cricketer. It'd be a bit like Australians saying "what we need to stop these middle order collapses is another Bradman to emerge; then we'll be fine!"

Find another avenue.
LOL.......at least let us stay in fantasy world for some time :)......you ruined the party

Faisal1985

Another Imran isn't going to happen though. He's a once in a lifetime cricketer. It'd be a bit like Australians saying "what we need to stop these middle order collapses is for another Bradman to emerge; then we'll be fine!"

Find another avenue.
...but...thats how we go about solving problems... :-O

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah i don't know why people on shouting about Imran Pakistan was still a decent side 10 befors he became captain and for 15 years after he left the game the present day scenario is due to a combination of cluster****s both at the player leval as well as management level, Pakistan does have the ability to throw up decent talents as long as we can manage the resources better through good administration we will always remain a threat.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah i don't know why people on shouting about Imran Pakistan was still a decent side 10 befors he became captain and for 15 years after he left the game the present day scenario is due to a combination of cluster****s both at the player leval as well as management level, Pakistan does have the ability to throw up decent talents as long as we can manage the resources better through good administration we will always remain a threat.
Well I am only shouting for him as either head of state or the head of the PCB. Nothing wrong with that. He is probably the best leader that we can have and Pakistan has a serious leadership crisis at all levels be it national politics or our cricket.

Faisal1985

Well I am only shouting for him as either head of state or the head of the PCB. Nothing wrong with that. He is probably the best leader that we can have and Pakistan has a serious leadership crisis at all levels be it national politics or our cricket.
Yea....you need someone like Imran to revamp the system of PCB....and it would be even better if he was the head of the state...that way he has the opportunity to bring a bigger change...

smash84

The Tiger King
Yea....you need someone like Imran to revamp the system of PCB....and it would be even better if he was the head of the state...that way he has the opportunity to bring a bigger change...
And I really find it quite silly when people say that Imran is only good for the cricket field and he is not made for politics. Bull****.

Fusion

Global Moderator
And I really find it quite silly when people say that Imran is only good for the cricket field and he is not made for politics. Bull****.
I don’t want to derail the thread further into Pakistani politics (and yet I'm doing it anyway...sigh), but Imran the politician has been less than impressive. To me, he has been highly hypocritical in his most of his stands and his position about how to handle the Taliban situation is laughable and completely impractical. I don’t get the fawning over him as a politician at all.

smash84

The Tiger King
I don’t want to derail the thread further into Pakistani politics (and yet I'm doing it anyway...sigh), but Imran the politician has been less than impressive. To me, he has been highly hypocritical in his most of his stands and his position about how to handle the Taliban situation is laughable and completely impractical. I don’t get the fawning over him as a politician at all.
Now if I start responding here it will derail the thread even further but let's just say that nobody else has been able to do **** about the Taliban and at the same time the national wealth has been plundered like never before.

At least Imran has the credibility that he won't be channeling the tax payers money into his own bank account.

And just because his solution to some of the problems is not militarist doesn't mean that it is impractical and laughable. Tough solutions should always be the last straw and not the starting point I might add.

And if anything Imran brings with him an honesty that is hard to find in any other politician in the country. And he does talk about things that others don't even have a clue about for e.g. the health and education sectors.

And since this is a cricket site I might add that Imran being the head of state will hopefully bring some more attention to cricket in Pakistan as well as abroad.

Xuhaib

International Coach
new message on Haider's facebook account

''wah akmal brothers good siasat abu ko be keper bana do apne bauin ko khilane ke kie dusruin ko marne ke dhamkian or kise ko na aane dena or match buk kerte rehna ab kudh opner aana or umer ko midle order main or adnan akmal ko keeper gab 1 ke kharab performance to dusra dusre ke kharab to tesra koi na koi team main hona chaie booking ke lie''

and this

''pure pakistan ke cricket in ke waja se kharab hai kise be kaptan ko captani se utrawane ke lie 4 se 5 player give up ker dain to bichara afridi kia kare ga''

Rough translation:Well done Akmal brothers great politics get your father in the team aswell keep up with your death threats, keep up with your match fixing don't let anoyone else in the side the whole Pakistan cricket has been destroyed by these people with whole family in the team there is always one brother available to do the fix, what can poor Afridi do when half the side wants too loose the match.

These are some serious allegations don't know whats the truth, are the Akmal brothers really crooks is Haider with mental issues something tells me its a bit of both.