• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What would a combined Eng+Aus 11 look like?

PY

International Coach
Well I couldn't have picked that one before I opened this thread....:laugh:

You are flame-baiting so much it really isn't funny.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
flintoff would get in ahead of katich probably, and harmison in place of gillespie or lee.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
sledger said:
flintoff would get in ahead of katich probably, and harmison in place of gillespie or lee.
Pietersen ahead of Clarke IMO, too.

For anyone who thinks otherwise, a hundred quid says KP ends up with the better Test record. :p

Barney Rubble

International Coach
superkingdave said:
a combined aus-eng XI would be really ugly imo, especially if they combined hoggard with gillespie
Hoggespie would look horrible. McGrarmison wouldn't look too hot either, as would Haydothick and Flatich ( :D couldn't resist using that one).

We're lucky Rob Key's not playing!

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
flintoff is a quality bowler that is why not a part timer

Last edited:

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
langer
strauss
ponting
martyn
pietersen
clarke
gilchrist
flintoff
warne
harmison
mcgrath

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shane Warne said:
Based on?

Katich batting ave - 44.15 Bowling 32.36.

Flintoff batting ave - 31.57 Bowling 33.65.
are you implying that katich is a better bowler than flintoff?

because that is ridiculous.

PY

International Coach
Mmm-mmmm, KP at 5, Gilchrist at 7 and Freddie at 8. Runs galore and quick.

Think mine would look exactly the same as yours. If Thorpe was here, I'd be struggling to separate him and Katich but that's immaterial I guess. :(

sledger said:
flintoff would also add variation to the batting if picked ahead of katich.
By variation do you mean, less consistency and more likely to make less runs?

That's a great attribute he brings to the table I must say.

How about we bring in Graham Hick for some variable batting.

Australia have a better version of Flintoffs batting in Gilchrist, no need for a poor mans version.