• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What would a combined Eng+Aus 11 look like?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
vic_orthdox said:
Does anyone else find him not all that pleasing on the eye?

"Pleasing on the eye" in a manly, "gee I bet he'd pull birds well" type of way, of course.

(Before someone else makes the gag - yeah, he pulls birds pretty well. Ducks! :D )
He's got to be one of the youngest-looking Test players to represent us recently. Choirboys etc

twctopcat

International Regular
Was it just me or did Strauss suddenly have the lowest voice in the world in the last test. I'm pretty sure it was him bellowing out "bowling GILO!" in some very un-brocket like manner. Working class at heart, or at least vocal chords, it seems. :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
twctopcat said:
Do you know something we don't??? I.e the 300 runs he is yet to score in this series?!?! :p
I didn't pick my side on current form. IMO Vaughan is a class act, and is a better batsman than Clarke, so I'd put him in there.

twctopcat

International Regular
Mister Wright said:
I didn't pick my side on current form. IMO Vaughan is a class act, and is a better batsman than Clarke, so I'd put him in there.
His captaincy goes without saying and i shared your views concerning his batting until very recently, when i have begun to wonder. I hope i'm wrong.

twctopcat

International Regular
vic_orthdox said:
Well, if you are going to still pick Martyn and Ponting in your combined side, then you have every reason to pick Vaughan. :sleep:
I suppose he can say Ponting and Martyn have got into double figures more than once, quite an achievement against the best attack in the world!!

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
twctopcat said:
I suppose he can say Ponting and Martyn have got into double figures more than once, quite an achievement against the best attack in the world!!
lol
McGrath > Harmison
Gillespie > Hoggard
Warney > Flintoff
Kasprowicz > Jones
Ponting's mediums > Giles

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vic_orthdox said:
Well, if you are going to still pick Martyn and Ponting in your combined side, then you have every reason to pick Vaughan. :sleep:
If you are picking your side on form you'd struggle to get batsman in their, would be chock full of bowlers.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mine....

Strauss
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Pietersen
Gilchrist
Flintoff
Warne
Harmison
Mcgrath

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Langer
Hayden

Strauss
Ponting
Martyn

Gilchrist
Flintoff
Warne
Gillespie
McGrath

Harmison

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Well, I'd better get back to the topic too...

Strauss - pretty even with Trescothick and Hayden though
Langer - bit of a role reversal for him, not often he goes into a series as the best of the openers
Ponting - too good to leave out
Vaughan - same thing
Martyn - done a bit more to get in than Clarke I'd say
Flintoff - as much as I don't want to admit it, he would make the team
Gilchrist - you think I'd pick Geraint?
Warne - bowls a few decent spinners, I hear
Gillespie - people forget that he is actually a good bowler
Harmison - Only Englishman that I like, really
McGrath - bit like Warney, has the tendency to bowl a couple of good ones

It's amazing how much you can get out of a topic that was only designed to insult someone.

Steulen

International Regular
I think the regulars have all refined their flamebait filters to cope with this Shane Warne doofus.

As for the team:

Langer Trescothick Ponting Martyn Pietersen Flintoff Gilchrist Warne Lee Harmison McGrath