• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What will the australian under 18 squad look like

brockley

International Captain
We play india under 18 in march- april.
Only can think of a few names josh hazelton,and jon patterson altho think he maybe too old.
NSW won the state under 19 comp so gather a lot of NSW under 19 players will be picked.
Anyone have any ideas.:-O

brockley

International Captain
Yeh carrters is fine as is behrendorff.
not sure hoggy,if someone knows please post it.
Want to know who aussie under 19's are this year,
Who to look out for.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nic Maddinson will be there. Only 17 years old as well, might play two lots of u-19's.

Kid's a gun, played a fair bit of cricket with and against him when he was younger. Pumped us for 120-odd in a second grade game when he was about 14.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Yeh carrters is fine as is behrendorff.
not sure hoggy,if someone knows please post it.
Want to know who aussie under 19's are this year,
Who to look out for.
Tim Miles, Rob Richards and Tom Beaton from WA is all I know.

Played some cricket with Richards, one of the cleanest strikers of the ball I've seen.

Julian87

State Captain
He obviously good enough, think he scored 150* or something similar against Queensland.
Yeah. And he does pretty well batting up the order in CA Cup as well.

There are a few younguns from ACT who have done well this year. While Carters and Behrendorf(sp?).are the pick of them, Nathan Lyon hasn't disgraced himself either

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. And he does pretty well batting up the order in CA Cup as well.

There are a few younguns from ACT who have done well this year. While Carters and Behrendorf(sp?).are the pick of them, Nathan Lyon hasn't disgraced himself either
Tom Thornton also scored a hundred against the Tassie 2nd XI a week or two ago. Pretty sure all these guys will be moving on next season to other states.

brockley

International Captain
Where did you hear that simon?
I reckon carters,behrendorf and thornton could get signed,maybe more.
Sheridan just shifted to victoria.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've heard Jason Floros will end up in Victoria. The Vic's 19's coach or something like that is a former Canberra coach of sorts so the relationship between Vics cricket and ACT cricket is getting stronger.

Behrendorf and Carters should end up somewhere, some of the Wests guys I talk to say Carters probably wont be there next season.

There will be some guys coming back though, Nic Death has been injured a lot over in WA so will lose his rookie contract and probably end up here again.

brockley

International Captain
State contracts are drawn up in july,could see a number of them getting state rookie contracts,seeing most the comets players are 18/19 and the rookie cut off age is 23.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I've heard Jason Floros will end up in Victoria. The Vic's 19's coach or something like that is a former Canberra coach of sorts so the relationship between Vics cricket and ACT cricket is getting stronger.

Behrendorf and Carters should end up somewhere, some of the Wests guys I talk to say Carters probably wont be there next season.

There will be some guys coming back though, Nic Death has been injured a lot over in WA so will lose his rookie contract and probably end up here again.
Simon Helmot, former ACT coach, is (after the resignation of Darren Berry) 2IC at Vic.