• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Needs to be in this game!! **SUGGESTIONS**

mofo123

U19 12th Man
realistic spin, i mean so that after 15 or so overs the ball gets rough pitch roughens lets see a bit of sharp turn and a bit of bounce.
realistic swing, fast bowlers unable to swing? come onlets see a bit of swing and for the players renouned for reversing lets see reverse swing come into it.
realistic pace, i mean come on medium bowlers getting 140+, nah lets have pace which is true to real life
realistic stamina so that u cant bowl 50 overs with brett lee. thats all i can think of at the moment
editing mode is CRUCIAL!!!!!! oh and a bat editing option(just for fun)

Shoaib

Banned
The Gameplay in BLIC 2005

Unfortunately,the gameplay has not been good in the past games of cricket even in brian lara cricket 99.The gameplay in ea sports games has been fairly acceptable but its not true for their cricket games.brian lara 2005 should 2005 should feature reality as well as gameplay should be nice.the game shouldn't be as easyas the past games of cricket.U get bored playing them.If there is something to be learnt in a game,then it keeps your interrest in the game for longer period of time.[

AlexH

Cricket Spectator
What the game needs

Thing that should be in the game:
Highlights after every match/innings
Perfect bowling actions
Make the game harder
Have domestic teams
Swing
Batsmen retire hurt if they get hit
The ball beats the bat alot
The pitch affects the type of bowling (example. Spins alot in dusty pitches)
Crowds take sides (example. When you are in Australia and you are New Zealand and when you hit a four you get a booooooooo from the croud
Man of the match/Man of the series award
When you even perfected the game it's still a risk to hit sixes.
Player expressions
Choose head or tails for the toss (there wasn't this in Cricket 2004)
Drop catches should look more realistic
Umpires making bad decisions
Computer score at faster rate
Should be able to choose squad from all the state teams
Computer should make 350 and more (I could get them out for under 30)
When it's a draw it's a draw no winning by loosing wickets
Drinks break
Bad light
When you are fielding better fielders should hit more often
Able to edit teams
Should have better stats
Croud have flags

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
A player editor, with the ability to keep stats from playing in game, eg batting averages for players made from scratch

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
If they ever make a cricket game with all these options, I'll eat my hat.

Cricket 2004 is a boring pile of crud and the only other cricket game I like is ICC. Top game that.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
SquidAU said:
If they ever make a cricket game with all these options, I'll eat my hat.

Cricket 2004 is a boring pile of crud and the only other cricket game I like is ICC. Top game that.
cricket 2002 is a much better game

Black_Caps

Cricket Spectator
I think there should be a umpire option where you be an umpire giving out caught behinds, LBW , run outs etc and also signaling fours/sixes, leg byes etc.. This will add some fun to the game.

hindsy

Cricket Spectator
No more crap like if you bowl a slower ball and the batsmen leaves the ball, the keeper always misses it and they get a single... Tail enders also shouldnt be able to come straight in and hit sixes and stuff.

Xobi

Cricket Spectator
new here

Hey Everyone, i just joined today. This site is pretty cool considering the fact that thereare so many avid fans of This game.

Any way can anyone tell me if there is an appeal button in the game???? im sure thats gonna make things interesting

Xobi

Cricket Spectator
And the ball should miss the bat more and there has to be swing. Cricket 2004 had a crappy excuse for swing. and how about reverse swing in later overs???

ad83

Cricket Spectator
What i'd like to see in the next BLIC version is the features of the Int Cricket Cap series. E.g. the career mode, playing season by season with all the database of players to choose from. Also having the official Test and ODI player and team rankings. Picking a squad for each tour and having training camps etc.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Casson said:
Haven't seen user-controlled appealing since Cricket '97!
Haha that was Gold, my friend owns that game... we played it not long ago, so funny. With the leg-cutter that`s like a spinner! :D So funny... I always got run-out.

Langeveldt

Soutie
hindsy said:
No more crap like if you bowl a slower ball and the batsmen leaves the ball, the keeper always misses it and they get a single... Tail enders also shouldnt be able to come straight in and hit sixes and stuff.
Try batting on hard if your tail enders hit sixes easily on C2004

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Rich2001 said:
Well Rubbergenius who is the Community Liaison working with us here at Cricket Web announced in their forums last week that the following would be the commentators for the game and like in real life will rotate throughout the match etc in pairs.

In BLIC2005 the commentators will be:

David Gower
Jonathan Agnew
Bill Lawry
Ian Bishop
Tony Greig
Jeff Thomson
Well I`ll be damned! Great job CM :-O

Cloete

International Captain
Nnanden said:
Haha that was Gold, my friend owns that game... we played it not long ago, so funny. With the leg-cutter that`s like a spinner! :D So funny... I always got run-out.
I think the expression you're looking for there is, that's tops!

Anyway Cricket 97 ATE is the 2nd best cricket game ever :D

Ming

State 12th Man
Marvellous to know there will be more than 2 commentators, which means there will be more "sayings"....instead of the few boring ones you get in EA 2004.

Can't wait to play this new game.