• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Needs to be in this game!! **SUGGESTIONS**

Josh

International Regular
Centre wicket squares, ala the '99 version of the game, but more detailed. I'm sick of seeing every ground with 1 pitch smack bang in the middle. And that's another thing, don't always have the game using the middle pitch.

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Great Ideas so far people.

I really like idea of career mode and different actions and batting style.

Josh said:
Obviously not... I'd only rate him in the mid section of all commentators.
Just be thankful they are not getting Mark Nicholas.

I really don't like him and he is really getting on my nerves in the VB seriers.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
I couldnt care if it had the same crappy gfx as 2004.. all i care about is the gameplay

Cricket 2004 was horrible.. infact all cricket games have been horrible really... 1 problem

THEY HAVE BEEN TO EASY..... 2004 was OK after u installed about 1000 custom user patches/hacked exes/config files.. and still it had so many flaws and ways to exploit the game...

Basically they need to make the game more dynamic and organic in the gameplay.. there needs to be some way to control the batter... not just (Hold left ..push button and ball goes for six)

Just simple things really

- Have realistic physics and AI.. make the ball react with a batt how it really would.. where it hits the batt etc..
- Have control over the ball (Drift.. swing.. etc etc)
- Make ****ty batters ****ty.. etc.. make the stats MEAN something
- Make fielding not boring.... maybe when there is a catch on the game slows down and u have to get a cursor into the centre and hold it there or something.. and if the catch is hard then it would be harder to get the cursor there etc)
- Deformable pitch.. (Eg u bowl in 1 place for a while then it will deteriorate.. and then when u bowl there the ball will act a bit diff)
- A "Tru swing" batter type.. eg..
-- You could use the "W" key to put your foot foward
-- You could use the "S" key to get on the backfoot
-- You could use the "A" and "D" key to control when your aiming your body
-- You could hold "CTRL" key and push "A" or "D" to move where the batter is standing
-- You could swing with the mouse (Kinda like u do in tigerwoods golf) ..
- Better commentary
- Better Graphics (Lighting effects etc... in all honestly compared to every other sports games.. cricket games have been the worst.. cricket 2004 is really 2001 gfx... and 2001 was really 96 gfx...

EVERYTHING i have listed *Can* be done.. its just a matter of devs doing it.. althou i dont have high hopes for any cricket game really.. simply cause of past games :(

Corbin

School Boy/Girl Captain
just an idea

how about a like trail behind the ball when you bowl um like in smash court tennis and lma manager 2004?

it would be easier to see the swing and movemnt of the pitch

Josh

International Regular
Corbin said:
just an idea

how about a like trail behind the ball when you bowl um like in smash court tennis and lma manager 2004?

it would be easier to see the swing and movemnt of the pitch
I'm sure that's why they're incorporating hawkeye...

anzac

International Debutant
I read in the forum a while ago that they said they were going to have different pitch characteristics for each country - I hope this means we will get more realistic pitches for the sub continent = slow & low pitch with plenty of turn, but fast outfields......currently if you have a dusty pitch you get plenty of pace & bounce for the seam bowlers which is not acurate.............

anzac

International Debutant
also I'd like to see more variation with seam bowlers & their pace - I'm sick of f/med CPU bowlers getting it up over 140 kph on a regular basis when they shouldn't be getting over 135 kph for their effort ball.............

anzac

International Debutant
and I'd like to see the positioning of the 'keeper & slips move for the type of pitch & conditions - I'm sick of bowling on a full length on a hard pitch & conceeding 4 byes as the ball flies over the 'keeper..................

SilverArrows

Cricket Spectator
I haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if this is repetitive.
I think the basic gameplay in cricket games needs to be revamped. I have a couple of ideas, which have been taken from other current gen sports games.

For Bowling
Need to get rid of all the bowling meters. Also, need to get rid the pitch location in 2 player. That is, if you are playing against human players, the bounce location should disappear, and the bowler will have to chose the bounce location with the analog feel (like pitch location in MVP baseball). Also, the speed and amount of movement on the ball should be determined by run-up and arm-action that the bowler can put using the analog sticks.

For Batting
Picking the ball
Also for batting, because there are no meter, the batsman has to pick the ball on the fly. This can be simulated by showing a different color for a split second, as soon as the ball leaves the bowlers hand. Different types of balls (inswing, outswing, off break) should have colors. At the same time, the pitch location should also appear, thereby simulating "picking the line and lenght" of the ball. Also, the speed of the ball will be shown at the same time, by the speed of the arm action. If its fast, the bowlers arm should show some kind of trailing effect, and trailing effect should get less for slower pitches. This might seem like a lot of information for the batter to take in (that is, pick movement, location and speed in a split second) but that is how real cricket is, and a game simulation should be no different.

For Hitting the Ball
This should be based on the analog sticks, completely. The Left one should be your stance, and the Right one should give you control of you bad. With that, you can decide how much backswing you want to put on your drives and pulls. Of course there should be a power button.
I hate the current way of hitting the ball, where forward + hit = forward drive, and stuff like that, limits the shot making. Cricket has more than 10 strokes, and its hard to incorporate that without using the analog stick for "free bat control"

I know this is long, and if you didn't like the ideas, sorry for wasting your time.
Special thanks to EA Sports Fight Night and MVP baseball ...... most of the ideas are a mesh of ideas from my previous video gaming experience.

Last edited:

sdb4884

Cricket Spectator
Smarter commentators for one thing, more importantly better AI than other cricket games, also more realistic results for instance, Australia would or any other team would never score 3/193 off their 50 overs would they?

Kevin Pietersen

Cricket Spectator
these r some great ideas, but for this game i don't think that they will happen but maybe in a future cricket game, i hope so anyway.