• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is wrong with doctoring of pitch ?

Do you support home teams preparing favourable wickets ?

• Total voters

Gob

International Coach
Shastri said it best, why tour if you are going to get the same stuff every where ? The biggest challenge for a test player is to make the adjustments and play well everywhere . That is one thing that makes cricket so much nuanced than say football (the real one). To his credit and Kohli's they never bemoaned the conditions and pitches at any time. Both teams get to play 11 vs 11 on the same pitch, and both teams have access to more or less same information about the pitch. Chin up and take it on like a pro.

Obviously the exception being Russian roulette pitches that screws every batsman. Also roads that screwes all bowlers.
Shastri says its best when he says nothing at all

JonoWalls

Cricket Spectator
Talking of sandpaper, I had just patented the original at the then Patent office just behind St Paul's as I recall in 1882 or was 1881. And rushing down to Surrey in borrowed creams and a linen shirt I wangled my way onto the ground as a phoney 12th man with a tray of lemon squash and before dropping the lot I sidled up to Spofforth to let him know what he could do with my new invention - he heard me out and the rest is history. England were reversed swung into submission. Enjoy the series guys!

Socerer 01

International Captain
Talking of sandpaper, I had just patented the original at the then Patent office just behind St Paul's as I recall in 1882 or was 1881. And rushing down to Surrey in borrowed creams and a linen shirt I wangled my way onto the ground as a phoney 12th man with a tray of lemon squash and before dropping the lot I sidled up to Spofforth to let him know what he could do with my new invention - he heard me out and the rest is history. England were reversed swung into submission. Enjoy the series guys!
are you Eric Cantona in disguise:blink: