• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is it about Cricketweb that puts people off taking part?

Teja.

Global Moderator
I think the natural prickliness of CW to anyone new whose beliefs seem a bit out there is pretty healthy.

This entire video is great but there is a segment timestamped from the 8:00 min mark about how forums are taken over by extremists which is very relevant:

Last edited:

slowfinger

International Debutant
this forum is VERY leniently moderated. I recently joined a Manchester United supporter's forum and to be able to post in the "main forum" you need to have multiple "liked" posts/threads (basically build up reputation) - to be honest it's put me off trying because I can't be arsed putting in loads of effort when all I want to do is let off some steam not do deep in game analysis but you get my point

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
this forum is VERY leniently moderated. I recently joined a Manchester United supporter's forum and to be able to post in the "main forum" you need to have multiple "liked" posts/threads (basically build up reputation) - to be honest it's put me off trying because I can't be arsed putting in loads of effort when all I want to do is let off some steam not do deep in game analysis but you get my point
TBF most Manure fans are ****s anyway and deserve everything they get.

Vincent

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
this forum is very leniently moderated if anything
I can't really say much about it. It's just that I saw the ban announcement thread and another thread about player comparison where I could see "banned" under an user's name where he really didn't come across as aggressive.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I can't really say much about it. It's just that I saw the ban announcement thread and another thread about player comparison where I could see "banned" under an user's name where he really didn't come across as aggressive.
which one, i never have seen any banned under any username

Himannv

International Coach
I’m on that forum and I think the “make 10 good posts” thing weeds out a lot of problem cases. It’s a much bigger forum than this one so it warrants more security and management due to the scale.

Additionally, the peaceful drafting community is allowed to flourish there, not corrupted by the CricketWeb mods who are in the pocket of the bad guys.

Last edited: