• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What does Sri Lanka do here?

srbhkshk

International Captain
When Australia were getting embarrassed by SA, they brought in a bunch of young batsman and that fixed the things somewhat, Sri Lanka's problem however seems to be the opposite in that they have tried too many players in the past year (40+ in ODI cricket alone), so what do they do?

1. Bring back Sanga?
2. Pick 15-16 players and stick with them in the hope that results will eventually come?
3. Continue changing and chopping the side?
4. Fund human cloning and produce clones of Herath?

What do you think?

#MakeSLcricketgreatagain

Bijed

International Regular
Option 4 would be the most successful, but 2 strikes a nice balance of being the best option that is actually feasible. My knowledge of SL cricket is too poor for me to know exactly who that pool of players should be, though.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
"Tea" is synecdoche. When the umpires call time in the afternoon, the indication is towards more than just flavoured boiled water. A balanced meal with the appropriate solids to accompany liquids is nutrition 101. Biscuits.
The greatest ever Sri Lankan player had a biscuitting family background.
The evidence is pretty clear on all fronts. Sri Lanka were doing fine the last 25 years with biscuits. Biscuits are to Sri Lanka what beer is to Australia or mints are to England. Bring back the biscuits.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They need to stop looking for the next Malinga and focus more on conventional modern day cricketers rather than an unorthodox player who gets found out before his 10th game.

Bijed

International Regular
"Tea" is synecdoche. When the umpires call time in the afternoon, the indication is towards more than just flavoured boiled water. A balanced meal with the appropriate solids to accompany liquids is nutrition 101. Biscuits.
The greatest ever Sri Lankan player had a biscuitting family background.
The evidence is pretty clear on all fronts. Sri Lanka were doing fine the last 25 years with biscuits. Biscuits are to Sri Lanka what beer is to Australia or mints are to England. Bring back the biscuits.
I mean, the biscuit ban didn't even make sense, since they said it was on fitness grounds, which is weird given that Herath is their best player and is notably round.

SillyCowCorner1

A good fitness regime is essential. Kohli and his men are like Spartan soldiers...washboard abs and all. Possibly Kohli can lead the Lankans back to the future.

Bijed

International Regular
As a random anecdote about how far SL have fallen, the odds on cricinfo at the top of the homepage for them are 11/4. Since I wasn't really paying attention, I assumed this was their score and wasn't remotely surprised. India apparently being 2/7 alerted me to my mistake, however.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
We need the board dissolved, a new president of SLC and selectors who don't just pick players based on who they know or what school they went to. We need a proper county/provincial structure in place which is competitive.currently there are 24 teams??we also need a structure which allows the development of younger players who have left school and have the potential to move up the levels rather than the current situation where they just disappear never to play again..also I agree that we should pick a pool of 20 players and stick with them but they have to be the RIGHT 20..

Last edited:

vcs

Read an interview with Ranatunga a few weeks back.. it was full of ****. He's better off sticking with politics. He's minister for energy or something in Sri Lanka.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Read an interview with Ranatunga a few weeks back.. it was full of ****. He's better off sticking with politics. He's minister for energy or something in Sri Lanka.
Sometimes when I see former captains talk about cricket I get the impression that the ****s were just freaking lucky.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ranatunga the minister of energy. How appropriate, given how well he used to conserve energy while running between the wickets. :laugh:

Should actually be good enough to get him a UN job in energy conservation or whatever. :p

vcs

Actually, turns out he is Minister of Ports and Shipping.

In b4 someone makes a "portly" joke