• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What does Kohli need to surpass Tendulkar?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't believe someone who started this whole discussion in their usual earnest manner is accusing other people of being overly invested in it.

cnerd123

likes this
How could anyone take this discussion seriously?
Good to see you admit that you actually agree that the pressure Sachin was under was unique and unparalleled in the history of the sport, and that pretenders like Ponting, Waugh and Border wouldn't have been as great if they were in his shoes.

Burgey

I agree. That's why the discussion can't be taken seriously. As you have noted in your usual erudite manner, the topic itself is first rate.

Burgey

Good to see you admit that you actually agree that the pressure Sachin was under was unique and unparalleled in the history of the sport, and that pretenders like Ponting, Waugh and Border wouldn't have been as great if they were in his shoes.
That's the part which can't be taken seriously.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli wins the pressrure debate.

Virat Kohli knows about pressure. He is Sachin Tendulkar for the Twitter generation, with 23.3 million people hanging on his every emoji. When he bats, a country of 1.3 billion fidgets with vicarious need. Most of us can barely cope with trying to make ourselves happy but Kohli is in a blissful state where pressure is a drug that stimulates all kinds of achievement. He averages more than 50 in all three forms of cricket, an unprecedented record, and has turned the extraordinary into the everyday.

He probably will not mind, then, if we add a bit more pressure. Virat, you may be the only person who can save Test cricket.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2018/mar/05/virat-kohli-test-cricket-india

Burgey

At least they didn’t have to fidget for long in the series against Australia.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Why is this pressure thing still being argued? It is the most subjective 'stat' ever. Why is Waugh/Ponting not better because a billion envious fans were willing them to fail? Bring back a peer reviewed proof that adulation makes one perform worse or give it up.

cnerd123

likes this
Why is this pressure thing still being argued? It is the most subjective 'stat' ever. Why is Waugh/Ponting not better because a billion envious fans were willing them to fail? Bring back a peer reviewed proof that adulation makes one perform worse or give it up.
At this point its just a battle between Burgey and I on who is most willing to flog this already dead and rotting horse longest

He was winning and that annoyed me so i'm back in.

sunilz

International Regular
Looks like common sense is not so common after all.