• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm it is Shri though; he does tend to rate players almost purely based on how good he thinks they'll be many years later.
Fairy muff.

In fact what makes it worse is that Shri rarely doesn't rate an U19 star highly. The one time he didn't it was Kohli.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
TBH I have recently come to the conclusion that I am very bad in long-term cricket predictions.

That doesn't mean I'll stop though - really rate KL Rahul and Kusal Mendis from the younger bunch; and Rabada, Ngidi, Shivam Mavi among pace bowlers.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I think ever more highly of Kohli seeing how much he cares about test cricket: https://sports.ndtv.com/england-vs-...-the-most-beautiful-format-of-cricket-1907925

"I think that if you really understand the sport, if you really love the sport, you understand Test cricket and you understand how exciting it is," Kohli was quoted as saying by icc-cricket.com.

"I cannot explain to you the job satisfaction that you get when you do well in Test cricket, because you know how demanding it is," Kohli added.

"It's the most beautiful format of the game. I don't think it's going to go anywhere. I don't even see it getting compressed to four days. It should not be tinkered with."

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
As of Now
Kohli is definite alltime top 5 odi batsman, alltime top 5 Indian test batsman and alltime top 15 Odi cricketer.

My top 10 Odi batsmen

Sachin
Viv
Abdv
Kohli
Dhoni
Lara
Ponting
Beven
Abbas
Dean Jones

Top 10 Indian Test Batsmen

Gavaskar
Sachin
Dravid
Kohli
Sehwag
Hazare
Azhar
GRV
Laxman
Vengsarkar

Top 20 ODI Players

Akram
Sachin
Viv
Dhoni
Kapil
Garner
Jayasurya
Hadlee
Gilly
Pollock
Abdv
Kohli
Donald
Lara
Mcgrath
Ponting
Saqlain
Klusner
Symonds
G. Chappell

_00_deathscar

International Regular
If it was not for cheating, He could have score more runs at better avg.. Shall we rate him higher?
You can't start rating players on random arbitrary 'what if' measures, or else despite a 30-odd average, Amir is the greatest Pakistani bowler ever.

I liked Azhar, incredible player, but even then he wasn't better than Laxman.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. VVS was the better batsman than Azhar even if you don't deduct points from the latter for his corruption. Made more clutch runs, rescued us on countless occasions and could stand up in tough conditions better than pretty much every other batsman in that lineup.

His only weakness was converting and piling on the centuries when in form, Azhar was better at that. Laxman didn't really punish any opposition with a string of huge scores, except Australia in the early '00s.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. VVS was the better batsman than Azhar even if you don't deduct points from the latter for his corruption. Made more clutch runs, rescued us on countless occasions and could stand up in tough conditions better than pretty much every other batsman in that lineup.

His only weakness was converting and piling on the centuries when in form, Azhar was better at that. Laxman didn't really punish any opposition with a string of huge scores, except Australia in the early '00s.
Which incidentally he was very good at doing in domestic cricket. Probably getting slotted at #6 as a rescue expert had something to do with it.