• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This next season is the one for Kohli I think. I'm backing him to take his test game to that next level and if he still has only a good but not godlike season, I'm going to be massively disappointed. He'll be 28 in a few months and he has to hit his prime quickly.
You just knew at the beginning of the season that this was coming from kohli.

morgieb

Had to say I thought he was gonna go all Tendulkar/Ponting on our asses after that Australia series, but it took longer than I thought to get there.

Thankfully for the forum Indians, he's gotten there now.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So many Kohli threads being bumped everywhere.
I know right!! As if we're not sick of the sight of the **** batting..........I've got a dozen threads to read now celebrating how good he is.

Can't he just **** off already:ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fairly convinced that he will be the best of our next generation of batsmen.
Deeeeeeeeelicious

This is also the Shri thinking Pandey and Tiwary are better than Kohli and Weldone thinking Raina and Gambhir are better than Kohli thread.

Thanks for bumping this.

Last edited:

Rootfan

Banned
Rahane is most definitely not the man ffs. can't believe how horribly over rated he is on here.
He's a good player in difficult conditions. Scored a ton on an absolute greentop at Lords. UAE Khan, PSS colombo Sanagwardene would have crapped their pants on such a green pitch. He does tend to have soft dismissals though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Deeeeeeeeelicious

This is also the Shri thinking Pandey and Tiwary are better than Kohli and Weldone thinking Raina and Gambhir are better than Kohli thread.

Thanks for bumping this.

Good to see you back posting Joni... Was gonna post in the tour thread about you missing all the fun. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not really sure how good he is but he just reminds me so much of a young Ponting.. Maybe it is the frontfoot thrust, maybe the slight swagger at the crease, maybe it is getting squared up often early in the piece.. Maybe it is just that he ALWAYS seems to bat #3... Don't think he is all that good a batsman yet and don't think he is a very nice guy either but definitely someone who s gonna be around for long in Indian cricket. In fact, he would have to have done seriously poor if he doesn't end up captain of India one day.. Juz a gut feeling with nothign to back up. :)

Always good to go back to that one good call you ever made on a player. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, still plenty of arguments to be had about the batting, but Kohli is definitely the best captain of the three as of now.

flibbertyjibber

Yeah, still plenty of arguments to be had about the batting, but Kohli is definitely the best captain of the three as of now.
Not really difficult to argue though seeing as Williamson has seen his side get a bit of a pasting and Smith is struggling. We need to wait on Kohli to see how he does away, can he cope on a bad day when he can't just turn to Jadeja at one end for control and Ashwin at the other.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Favorite player... Herschelle Gibbs.. :laugh:

So much of early Ponting there.. And fun to see Jadeja there batting with him at the end. Team score of 250 odd in 50 overs and he scores a 100 off 70 odd balls batting at #4.. WAG!!

OverratedSanity

Favorite player... Herschelle Gibbs.. :laugh:

So much of early Ponting there.. And fun to see Jadeja there batting with him at the end. Team score of 250 odd in 50 overs and he scores a 100 off 70 odd balls batting at #4.. WAG!!
"Right arm quick bowler "

Yeah. OK, Virat.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Second post saying he's a nobhead. Still is.

Funny seeing Gambhir getting plaudits on this place looking back.