• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are the odds that Babar, Shaheen and Rizwan enter the Pakistan ATG Test XI by the end of their careers?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Im gonna say the chances are slim overall because it’s never easy to make an ATG side. Shaheen has some cracking fast bowlers to compete against, same in the middle order for Babar. Rizwan maybe the best shout as keeper/ batsman. Still tough though. All great players nonetheless.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Rizwan should already be in contention if not a pick for that test XI. Babar may get there if he keeps his current run going, playing in home conditions will aid him. Shaheen I don't see getting there, he will be hampered by his injuries in the future sadly

Xuhaib

International Coach
Shaheen is not good enough to crack the big 3 (Imran, Wasim, Waqar).

Only Shoaib, Asif and Preban Amir were talented enough to challenge but all three made awful life choices and got just deserts.

subshakerz

International Coach
Shaheen is not good enough to crack the big 3 (Imran, Wasim, Waqar).

Only Shoaib, Asif and Preban Amir were talented enough to challenge but all three made awful life choices and got just deserts.
Shaheen's best case scenario has him overtaking Waqar. Most likely for me will be a contender for no.4 best pacer.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
name them
Holding
Croft
Roberts
Marshall
Garner
Walsh
Ambrose
McGrath
Davidson
Lindwall
Hadlee
Steyn
Donald
Pollock
Anderson
Barnes
Trueman
Kapil
Botham
Imran
Wasim

Not in any order other than how I remember from the top of my head. I was going through team by team. I just dont think he played for enough of a sustained period at the level he was at his peak for me to rate him above the others who either had longer careers or better sustained impact.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Shaheen's best case scenario has him overtaking Waqar. Most likely for me will be a contender for no.4 best pacer.
He will not unless he improves dramatically. He does not do enough with the old ball at the moment to be a great sub cont conditions pacer.

subshakerz

International Coach
Holding
Croft
Roberts
Marshall
Garner
Walsh
Ambrose
McGrath
Davidson
Lindwall
Hadlee
Steyn
Donald
Pollock
Anderson
Barnes
Trueman
Kapil
Botham
Imran
Wasim

Not in any order other than how I remember from the top of my head. I was going through team by team. I just dont think he played for enough of a sustained period at the level he was at his peak for me to rate him above the others who either had longer careers or better sustained impact.
Botham? Kapil? Really? You are stretching here. Even Croft is a desperate pick.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can easily say big difference in actual number of wickets and impact on side over sustained period.
Waqar's 4 year peak in which he was great against WI and Australia is better than Croft's entire career, Botham's peak years as well as Kapil's best.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Holding
Croft
Roberts
Marshall
Garner
Walsh
Ambrose
McGrath
Davidson
Lindwall
Hadlee
Steyn
Donald
Pollock
Anderson
Barnes
Trueman
Kapil
Botham
Imran
Wasim

He's way better than Botham, Kapil, Croft, Anderson and as good as Roberts, Pollock, Holding, Walsh, Lindwall if not better

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah Waqar is quite easily among top 12-15 off all time for me

Ofcourse these lists are subjective but i would back majority to have him in their top 20 if not 15.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I think Babar is on target to become an ATG for Pakistan and Rizwan has the potential to do so.

Shaheen is a really good prospect but he's got alot to do before you could put him ahead of Waqar or Shoaib for my money.