• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What 3 players would u want exchanged from ur team?

tooextracool

International Coach
Raj123 said:
you are speculating. so many indians have played county cricket and it barely makes any difference. the bottom line is flintoff hasnt proved himself in subcontinent
1) flintoff has shown steady improvement throughout those 3 games in SL.....if he continues to play more spin bowling he will only get better.
2) and has yuvraj proved himself outside the sub continent?or even at home for that matter?

Raj123 said:
and you know this how?
because if someone averages 24 against an attack that includes murali he would have to be a jackass to struggle against giles.....

Sudeep

International Captain
I will again stress the fact that Flintoff is reliable. He has matured as a cricketer in the last two years. That is enough to atleast be 50% sure that he can do well in the subcontinent.

On the other hand, Yuvraj is IMO a rash player, not as reliable as Flintoff.

So, if we can switch a non-realiable player with a reliable one, and in addition get a better balance in the side, why is that not a good move?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Raj123 said:
you are speculating. so many indians have played county cricket and it barely makes any difference. the bottom line is flintoff hasnt proved himself in subcontinent

and you know this how?
How many Indians have played County Cricket year in and year out though?

biased indian

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
How many Indians have played County Cricket year in and year out though?
county cricket is played by W.I players who can make some good cash out of it and Austrlian players who r not going to play tets and ODI(mostly)

biased indian

International Coach
tooextracool said:
it was until one wise guy decided to bring up flintoff's test record in the sub continent....
since u want flintoff in indian test team u will have to trade him with
some one else as yuvraj is not a sure of his place in india test team

biased indian

International Coach
Sudeep said:
I will again stress the fact that Flintoff is reliable. He has matured as a cricketer in the last two years. That is enough to atleast be 50% sure that he can do well in the subcontinent.

So, if we can switch a non-realiable player with a reliable one, and in addition get a better balance in the side, why is that not a good move?
if u are into reliability then there will be far more reliable players than flintoff

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
As a batsman Yuvraj is more reliable and better than flintoff but overall I would prefer Flintoff in my team because of his bowling abilities.

IMO he is the best bowler for England( in ODIs ).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sanz, do you have MSN or some other email address that I can contact you at? I need to discuss something with you.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
tooextracool said:
1) flintoff has shown steady improvement throughout those 3 games in SL.....if he continues to play more spin bowling he will only get better.
why would you pick a player only to teach him the basics.
IF he improves in these conditions then we can have this discussion.
2) and has yuvraj proved himself outside the sub continent?or even at home for that matter?
didnt i mention this my second post of this thread. yuvraj is an odi batsman. i was using flintoff's test avg. just to prove that he cant play spin whic is imp. for an indian batsman. and his odi record (in sub-continent) isnt any better either. yuvraj has proved he is consistent on different surfaces.

because if someone averages 24 against an attack that includes murali he would have to be a jackass to struggle against giles.....
[/QUOTE]
langer who has smashed many bolwers (inc. sa, eng etc) falls prey for who :shocking: AA

Raj123

U19 Debutant
Sudeep said:

yuvraj has been pretty consistent since his return to the side

Raj123

U19 Debutant
Sudeep said:
Not many, based on Flintoff's current form.
two words - jacques kallis. great record in general and even better in subcontinent. he can replace any one in the indian team other than dravid and sachin.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
If the Indian team needs a bowling all-rounder, why Flintoff? Why not Pollock, Cairns, Bichel or Brett Lee? Flintoff is as good as all the Agarkar's, Pathans and Balajis, but the Southern Hemisphere trio are far better.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm pretty sure I'd be able to tell you why Bichel wasn't in 'contention'
He's tall, well built, fit and capable of balancing both skills. He's a player any captain, especially Ganguly, would want.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
Arjun said:
If the Indian team needs a bowling all-rounder, why Flintoff? Why not Pollock, Cairns, Bichel or Brett Lee? Flintoff is as good as all the Agarkar's, Pathans and Balajis, but the Southern Hemisphere trio are far better.
wow.., i wouldnt go that far. bichel(usually), lee & ajit(sometimes) are good tail enders at best. flintoff is a good allrounder but just wouldnt be good for an indian team (struggles in these subcontinent conditions) in the top 6 or 7 positions.