• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What 3 players would u want exchanged from ur team?

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Arjun said:
How about Sanjay Bangar for Flintoff? That is more logical.
That would be logical, except for the fact Bangar hasn't been part of Indian team itself for more than a year. So rules wont allow it. Else yeah it is an excellent swap. But then I would actually go for Pollock. Pollock is way better bowler than Flintoff. And he is not that bad a batsman either

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
But then I would actually go for Pollock. Pollock is way better bowler than Flintoff. And he is not that bad a batsman either
Definitely. It helps a lot when you have a bowler averaging 20-odd and also getting valuable runs.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
They're different kinds of batsmen. Also, we don't know if Ganguly's experiment will work. It will certainly have Yuvraj face less spin...

There's nothing to say that Yuvraj is a better batsman than Flintoff. They average about the same in ODI cricket and Yuvraj has not played enough Tests to judge there.
So basically Flintoff is definitely not capable of opening, I think thats what u said.
Yuvraj, only time will tell.. but he might be succesful

Now if thats what u said, I would judge Yuvraj to be a better batsman in your opinion as well ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
delkap said:
So basically Flintoff is definitely not capable of opening, I think thats what u said.
Yuvraj, only time will tell.. but he might be succesful

Now if thats what u said, I would judge Yuvraj to be a better batsman in your opinion as well ;)
<sigh> I guess some people read what they want to.

biased indian

International Coach
tooextracool said:
despite yuvraj having played about 25 more ODI matches......i remember you saying that yuvraj has won more matches for his country when that clearly isnt the case.
oh and i notice you completely ignore the man of the series.......
matches where yuv didnt win man of the matches but played crucial role

1) world cup game aganist pakistan dravid and him
2) and one final some where aganist some one i forgot both he had a big partnership with kaif

Sudeep

International Captain
The key word is - reliability.

Who's more reliable - Yuvraj or Flintoff?

And you'll know why I said Flintoff for Yuvraj.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
koch_cha said:

2) and one final some where aganist some one i forgot both he had a big partnership with kaif
I'm sure the same could be done for Flintoff.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
Sudeep said:
The key word is - reliability.

Who's more reliable - Yuvraj or Flintoff?

And you'll know why I said Flintoff for Yuvraj.
have you looked at flintoff's stats. you cant get a worse player for indian conditions. he's a good allrounder but not for india.

Deja moo

International Captain
tooextracool said:
and you came to this conclusion after 4 tests?

I thought it was pretty obvious I was referring to ODIs.

Posted by TEC....and you fail to consider that flintoff is about 10 times the bowler yuvraj is which more than makes up for any of your marginal differences in their other abilities.......
Now you make the mistake that you accused me of ......you are comparing Flintoff ( a regular bowler) with Yuvraj ( an on and off bowler ).This is what I had mentioned in the post you were responding to............

Originally postd by me........Flintoff is a better bowler than Yuvraj.. ( even if Yuvraj bowled regularly , you couldnt compare a medium pacer to a left arm spinner )

Last edited:

Deja moo

International Captain
Originally posted by Too Extra Cool...highly debatable IMO....flintoff can field in absolutely any position and is one of the best slippers that you'll ever see.

You ignore the fact that the context was Flintoff replacing Yuvraj in the Indian team. India has excellent slippers and Flintoff wouldnt fit there. And in any other fielding position , IMO , Yuvraj > Flintoff.

tooextracool

International Coach
koch_cha said:

dont even go there with flintoff......

tooextracool

International Coach
orangepitch said:
Now you make the mistake that you accused me of ......you are comparing Flintoff ( a regular bowler) with Yuvraj ( an on and off bowler )
so?the point is that i would rather have a quality all rounder in my side instead of just a quality batsman......

tooextracool

International Coach
orangepitch said:
You ignore the fact that the context was Flintoff replacing Yuvraj in the Indian team. India has excellent slippers and Flintoff wouldnt fit there. And in any other fielding position , IMO , Yuvraj > Flintoff.
1) flintoff is one of the best slippers around.....it would be inane to say that he wouldnt fit in there.
2) even if he wouldnt make the slippers, i also mentioned that"he can field in absolutely any position"

Raj123

U19 Debutant
tooextracool said:
so?the point is that i would rather have a quality all rounder in my side instead of just a quality batsman......
what part of flintoff's abysmal record in indian(subcontinental) conditions do you not understand

tooextracool

International Coach
Raj123 said:
what part of flintoff's abysmal record in indian(subcontinental) conditions do you not understand
that was 3 years ago,incase you havent noticed, flintoff is a far better batsman and bowler now

biased indian

International Coach
tooextracool said:
then y did u stop with flintoff

u could have got another two allrounders for batsmen