• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WC Qualifier tonight

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
Is David Beckham keeping now? You had that woman with the moustache keeping in the last World Cup and look how good she went! :D
So, how's about a song, then?

We’re going home
We’re going home
We’re going
Convicts going home

We’re going home
We’re going home
We’re going
Convicts going home

We don’t like cricket any more
Since the Ashes went away
We just know
We’re so sure
We’re gonna steal a brand new game to play
Gonna blow the Poms away
Cos the Poms are really sheight
Like vegemite

Possums on a shirt
Dame Edna’s still dreaming
Watery tinnies spurt
Still we’ll all get steaming

etc

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well time for bed, what a day... nice one Aussies and here's hoping the good news continues for my beloved sheffield wednesday against Watford on Saturday! :cool:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Samuel_Vimes said:
You can't.

Top eight teams (i.e. Germany, Brazil, Netherlands, Czech Republic (assuming...no, never mind), France, Mexico, USA and Argentina) are seeded,
Seedings based partially on last 3 WCs - I think England are currently at 5 on that list.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
lol ^^ interesting for holland that..

94 - semi's
98- semi's
02'- did not qualify...hmm hmm

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done Australia. Now there are two sports I feel ok supporting Australia in - swimming and football. The swimming bit is more related to Ian Thorpe than to this game though.

Time to focus our attention to T&T vs Bahrain. Considering that Bahrain don't know the meaning of sportsmanship or hospitality, I think everyone should be supporting T&T.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Seedings based partially on last 3 WCs - I think England are currently at 5 on that list.
The decision is going to be made on December 8 or 9, IIRC - and there's been loads of speculation as to how the rankings are going to be decided.

If it's based on just world rankings, that'd put the USA in 7th and us about 9th. If you throw in the last 3 or 4 world cups, then we move up higher, and the qualifiers nudge us higher still.

Anyone's guess though.

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well done Australia. Now there are two sports I feel ok supporting Australia in - swimming and football. The swimming bit is more related to Ian Thorpe than to this game though.

Time to focus our attention to T&T vs Bahrain. Considering that Bahrain don't know the meaning of sportsmanship or hospitality, I think everyone should be supporting T&T.
I'll go for the Trinidad boys... count me into the bandwagon, let's make it a double celebration at the test match! 8-)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

australia in general is behind T&T cause of Yorke, so we're pretty interested in that...
plus in all honestly Bahrain will just be whipping boys if they make it...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Im sure all us Sydney FC fans will be supporting T&T, go Yorkie. :D What time is the game in GMT time?

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Gee all this excitement and I'm actually a kiwi... kinda makes up for being eliminated by the Solomon Islands really :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
australia in general is behind T&T cause of Yorke, so we're pretty interested in that...
plus in all honestly Bahrain will just be whipping boys if they make it...
Bahrain aren't that bad, if they make and i hope they don't, they will do better then China did in the last WC.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
It's between them, Togo, Angola and Ivory Coast.......and Australia, of course. :p
The Ivory Coast have some excellent players in their squad, eg Dogbag, Toure.

I'm sure the other africans won't be pushovers.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
So, how's about a song, then?

We’re going home
We’re going home
We’re going
Convicts going home

We’re going home
We’re going home
We’re going
Convicts going home

We don’t like cricket any more
Since the Ashes went away
We just know
We’re so sure
We’re gonna steal a brand new game to play
Gonna blow the Poms away
Cos the Poms are really sheight
Like vegemite

Possums on a shirt
Dame Edna’s still dreaming
Watery tinnies spurt
Still we’ll all get steaming

etc
Genius, LE. Genius. Don't forget to re-release it after the Ashes finish in 2007, just in time for when the Socceroos try and join the Premiership to get revenge. That's following their failed attempts to join Serie A, the Totesport League, and Wacky Races, of course.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
duffer said:

Togo could be the Sengal of this World Cup also, they have some pretty good youngsters in their sqaud.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
duffer said:

Ivory Coast have a few good players but I very much doubt they'll get any points, unless they get a very poor group.

The others, Angola and Togo, will struggle severely. I'd be surprised if either of them score a goal - and not remotely surprised if one of them loses a game 7/8/9/10-0.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
chaminda_00 said:
Togo could be the Sengal of this World Cup also, they have some pretty good youngsters in their sqaud.
None of them have any experience of football outside Africa, though, so that sets them apart from Senegal - most of Senegal's side played in France, at a far higher level.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
The decision is going to be made on December 8 or 9, IIRC - and there's been loads of speculation as to how the rankings are going to be decided.
If they keep their current system then we are 5th - however they'll probably work out the system that selects the 8 sides they want to be top seeds...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
None of them have any experience of football outside Africa, though, so that sets them apart from Senegal - most of Senegal's side played in France, at a far higher level.
That is true, but how many of the South Korean players played outside Korea in the last World Cup. I think they will be competive, Angola would be the team i would be worried about, but they did beat some decent sides to qualify.