• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wastemen etc

Who the better batsman

• Ajay Jadeja

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Mahmudullah

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I wanted to contribute to this discussion but then I am a Jain and >90% of food is prohibited for me.

Cow

Banned
Fantastic cook. Will be long remembered.

Steve Smith couldn’t bowl an egg. I doubt he could even fire up a bbq, which is evidently sacreligious daaaaawwwn under.

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
Only Indians that are chasing numbers carry on that late.
I know it's an old post, but an interesting one. I think Maybe Indians just have more passion for the game. You might need to re-think the stats bit. To be honest I used to think the same, but considering the culture and love for the game over there and in Pakistan it's no wonder both countries have players carry on so late. Your comment is a bit harsh in retrospect.

Jack1

International Debutant
If Gooch can play the best cricket of his life in his final years, then why not AB? Everything is possible with self belief!
Passion, self belief, durability etc. Depends on the person and I admire any player that can play their best years at the back end of their career. Even more so if it's a bowler like Anderson who has improved with age and still loves the game of cricket and loves bowling. I honestly think Anderson might still be playing for England when 40 and that would really define him as a true legend of the game (he is already in my view, but even more so). I don't think we should forget that these players might face home and family pressure to retire too, that can be a real stumbling block for some of them I'd imagine and force early retirement. Also injuries and niggles over the years stacking up.

cnerd123

likes this
Had some lovely Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup today. Really hits the spot when you aren't feeling well. The meat was literally falling off the bone. So good.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had some lovely Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup today. Really hits the spot when you aren't feeling well. The meat was literally falling off the bone. So good.
You'd been quite for some time. I noticed as the forum was more pleasant. Hope you're well.