• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wastemen etc

Who the better batsman

• Ajay Jadeja

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Mahmudullah

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It seems like most Pakistani cricketers either tend to debut at 18 or 34 with not much inbetween. The former being the traditional modus operandi of the selectors, the latter a more recent development seemingly spearheaded by Misbah

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
22 is still pretty young to debut

Your namesake who was the biggest young talent in Australia since Ponting debuted when he was 23, which was much younger than most of his generation
Yes absolutely, Clarke took some time to break into the Australian middle-order.

Just that my perception in Pakistani cricket is that the biggest talents will always debut in their teens. Thinking back to the years before Babar debuted, Pakistan would have had a very solid middle order - Younus, Shafiq and Misbah would have comprised the core of that batting line up, so not an easy side to break into.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Interesting stat about Babaz Azam - only 8 FC hundreds in 111 innings. He is at the right age to take his game to the next level, but I would wait until it actually happens. Until then - a good batsman with potential to be a great.

Flem274*

123/5
i feel bad for him. imagine growing up dreaming of playing for your country then when the call comes its to be as a puppet captain of the coach everyone hates so your teammates hate you too.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Played one of the GOAT counterattacking WC KO knocks
It was surreal watching that. Harris and Germon absolutely pasting Warne, McGrath & co. The middle and lower order didn't take full advantage of the platform they laid on.

Germon was lucky to captain the side when he was obviously behind Parore as a keeper/batsman (kind of an early NZ version of Tim Paine). He played some handy innings though and did about as well as he could in the circumstances.

slippy888

International Captain
He was responsible for the new approach to one day cricket maybe the innovator for 20 20 cricket maybe he deserve a slice of the pie

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Slippy back to old habits, I see. You can edit the title and have this thread as your own, slippy.

Tony Grieg I feel is another under-rated cricketer. Good all-round figures but no one considers him for any ATG team.