• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was 2-2 a fair result?

Howe_zat

Audio File
More or less embarrassing than England's carry on during the series?

It's funny how the English always get stroppy when anyone else taps into their Bants™.
What's funny is how you wanted to cite something here, found nothing, and then just decided to plough right on with the quotes you made up in your head for the third month running.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's funny is how you wanted to cite something here, found nothing, and then just decided to plough right on with the quotes you made up in your head for the third month running.
At what point did I want to cite something?

Not that there's a shortage of brilliance from the English team during the series. We got a running commentary on how relentlessly impressed they were with themselves from go to whoa.

It was Trumpian in it's attempt to wrest the narrative.

Howe_zat

Audio File
At what point did I want to cite something?

Not that there's a shortage of brilliance from the English team during the series. We got a running commentary on how relentlessly impressed they were with themselves from go to whoa.

It was Trumpian in it's attempt to wrest the narrative.
He dives in again, you'd think one would be able to find one matching quote at any point over the entire summer, but here we are, empty handed as always.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He dives in again, you'd think one would be able to find one matching quote at any point over the entire summer, but here we are, empty handed as always.
In the spirit of generosity, there was one from Ollie Robinson I think? The rest is straw man or based on media comments. No beef with people wanting to moan about the English media but that just makes the Australian antics all the more embarrassing. Cummins ffs, the captain.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stokes, Crawley, Brook, Bairstow and Broad all came out with some classics at different points of the series.

Brook was (one of) the 'moral victory' guys.

I mean, we were all there. Maybe you are suffering from morally selective memory.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think a 5th match would've been good to break the deadlock as the Black Caps hit their straps

Molehill

International Captain
I think a 5th match would've been good to break the deadlock as the Black Caps hit their straps
Maybe you could not claim a moral victory, but we can accuse of you doing so, and then we can complain about you incessantly going on about it 6 weeks later.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find it bizarre that it's still being discussed - haven't we moved on yet?

Strikes me that the Grade Cricketer should've tried to stay relevant at the time rather than waiting for the players to return home after they'd been swanning around the Mediterranean.
This is being promoted now because TGC is associated with Seven's cricket coverage and they're releasing these things to try to hype the upcoming summer, which will be a dirge as the West Indies and Pakistan are touring. The former are ****ing woeful and the latter lose a leg as they come through customs here.

Molehill

International Captain
England put the cue in the rack after the second game once they'd retained the Munro-Wright JAMT20I Trophy.
I believe this trophy was re-branded some years back following the controversial decision by Wright to marry a Kiwi. It's now the Munro-Maddy.