• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warmups

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A few notes from what has transpired thus far:

Ravi Rampaul is still a thing?

I hope Zaman can continue his red hot form throughout the tournament. Might be the single most important player for Pakistan because Pakistan don't have a lot of other hitting options. Imad Wasim will be crucial too, both in terms of batting icing and bowling containing darts. Hafeez has been surprisingly excellent at accelerating too lately. Still, Pakistan must surely look to dry out teams.

India and England scoring 380 between them has exacerbated my concerns about them basically blowing away the competition with pure firepower. I foresee West Indies getting tied down by spin and Pakistan can't compete in 180+ situations. With Rahul/Buttler at the top and plenty of icing in the middle, these two teams have relentless hitting depth.

I thought I wouldn't really care about this since I had no interest in the pointless T20s that led up to the tournament but I've got something to look forward to in each team and match as always.

Burgey

Yeah he'll be gone by the end of the home summer. Smith or Wade should open in this tourney with Finch tbh.

Ashwin definitely seems to be chucking them when he goes wide of the crease, doesn't he? It's not something I've really seen of him before, but he's got the javelin out today. Is he coming back from an injury or something?

Spikey

Yeah he'll be gone by the end of the home summer. Smith or Wade should open in this tourney with Finch tbh.

Ashwin definitely seems to be chucking them when he goes wide of the crease, doesn't he? It's not something I've really seen of him before, but he's got the javelin out today. Is he coming back from an injury or something?
burgey what the ****

Burgey

The weird thing about MMarsh getting out early is, no matter how important he may actually have become or how urgent the game situation is, it's impossible to really get het up over it because you just expect it as a matter of course.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lol Malan. Has no clue in these conditions. Not sure its gonna cost England in the tournament given our bowling is so poor but

Burgey

FMD it's weird watching these sides in these conditions. It's like a centre wicket practice. Smith is even smiling and joking at the crease.

Burgey

Yes I'm aware of that. But there's a difference between playing a warm up/ tour match and just how casual this really seems to be. Maybe cos it's been so tense between Aus-India for so long, this seems just off kilter.

trundler

Do these games count in T20 stats? Don't think so. Tour matches are still FC games. I remember Pakistan beating India in a WC warm-up so they're clearly bizarro world.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yes I'm aware of that. But there's a difference between playing a warm up/ tour match and just how casual this really seems to be. Maybe cos it's been so tense between Aus-India for so long, this seems just off kilter.
tbf most of them were playing together not two weeks ago