• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wacky ODI Draft

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Following the success of JOJOXI's (Slightly) Wacky Test draft, I thought I might conduct an ODI version with a few tweaks.

The draft order is as per random draw for odd number rounds followed by a reverse order for the even numbered rounds.

Each player has 4 'trump cards' which can be used as follows. Each card can only be used once.

1. STEAL: A player may steal the previous player's selection but it can only be done within 2 hours of the previous player making that selection.

2. DICTATE: After making a selection a player may dictate the next 5 selection must be from the same country or decade debut as his selection. A "Dictate" cannot be over-ridden or changed by another Dictate. Nor can the "dictator's" selection be stolen.

3. SKIP: After making a selection, a player may nominate 3 players to skip their selection for that round (giving them 2 selections in the next round). This card could only be played if the nominated players are in the same round as the player using the card. (ie if there were only 2 selections remaining in the round, the card should not be played.)

4. FREE-for-ALL: After making a selection, a player may rule the next 5 selections be made in free-for-all fashion (ie first in first selection) and the free-for-all is to be completed within 12 hours. This card is designed to be used if players feel the draft is going too slowly. No other cards can be played during a free-for-all.

Time limit:
12 hours. Once timed out, a player must wait until the next round for their catch-up selection.

Who's in? Any questions or clarificatons?

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Great to have you on board. Hope you didn't mind me pinching your idea.
Yeah no worries :) Excited to see how the draft goes! A few questions below - I'm not sure if it not being mentioned means its same as in prior draft but questions below.

To clarify can you steal a player's catchup selection?

2. DICTATE: After making a selection a player may dictate the next 5 selection must be from the same country or decade debut as his selection. A "Dictate" cannot be over-ridden or changed by another Dictate. Nor can the "dictator's" selection be stolen.
I'm presuming based on this you can also steal a player's 'stolen' player? Just not if they've used the dictate trump card. Also if Player A uses their dictate option, Player B picks a player to fit criteria, can I (Player C) steal Player B's player - I know Player B can't steal 'The Dictator's (Player A's)' selection.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Some clarifications.

1. STEAL: A player may steal the previous player's selection but it can only be done within 2 hours of the previous player making that selection.
I forgot to add that a stolen player cannot be re-stolen.

2. DICTATE: After making a selection a player may dictate the next 5 selections must be from the same country or decade debut as his selection. A "Dictate" cannot be over-ridden or changed by another Dictate. Nor can the "dictator's" selection be stolen.
A player ordered to select a player from a decade or country may steal another players' selection, but not the selection made by the person playing the "Dictate" card.
One can only dictate
decades from the '70s to the 2010s. Players making their ODI debut in 2020 or 2021 may be regarded as 2010s debutants.
When dictating a country, you can only dictate one that was granted Permanent ODI Status prior to 2000. Those countries are:

3. SKIP: After making a selection, a player may nominate 3 players to skip their selection for that round (giving them 2 selections in the next round). This card could only be played if the nominated players are in the same round as the player using the card. (ie if there were only 2 selections remaining in the round, the card should not be played.)
Naturally, the skip card cannot be used after Round 10.

Finally, all selections must have played in ODIs

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
To clarify can you steal a player's catchup selection?

Good question. As a catch-up selection is being made along with a regular selection (once timed out, a player must wait until the next round for their catch-up selection) then the only selection available to "Steal" is the second one named as we can assume that the first selection is a catch-up and the second one named is the selection for the current round.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll wait until one of the current drafts (T20 Auction Draft or Stipulation Based Test Draft) is completed and voting started before starting this draft. Ideally we'll have 10-12 starters (currently 7).

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like we have 8 starters and, with competitors listing their final teams in the Stipulation based draft, we'll start 24 hours from now when I'll list the randomised draft order.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
We are under way.

One final clarification, when the "dictate" card is played, affecting the next 5 selections, it only affects the first selection of a participant drawn near end of a round who then has a selection early in the following round.

ROUND 1
ataraxia
Pothas
honestbharani
Himannv
Michaelf7777777
JOJOXI
Line & Length
SillyCowCorner1

ROUND 2 - reverse of above.

Good luck all