• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virtual NRL

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
14 is too many IMO, with only 14 nrl teams playing on a weekend, theres too many dud players then, 12 teams with 8 in the finals is fair

Craig

World Traveller
Kyle beat me in our comp 48-34, so I play off in the Prelimery Final.

It is a surprise considering how strong my squad has been I didn't win. I shall have my revenge (providing I win this week).

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hehe yeah my teams performance shows the recruitment stage will be crucial, (fo ethose who dont remember i wasn't around the last day of recruitment or the morning after :() than i was without a kicker for the 2nd half of the season.. .

next season im hoping to do a little better, having learn from this season :)

Simon

u can say one thing though, you beat the competition winners during the season ;)
20-17 very early on, but my team was crap.

You could have recruited smartly during the season, i only finished the season with 6 or 7 of my original players out of 25....
mind u, i was silly in dumping a few players like Ryan Cross, Matt King, Willie Tonga etc...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
Kyle beat me in our comp 48-34, so I play off in the Prelimery Final.

It is a surprise considering how strong my squad has been I didn't win. I shall have my revenge (providing I win this week).

I have beaten you the last two times our teams have met.

Although it looks like I've lost Fitzgibbon now, and Cameron Smith isn't kicking so if you make the final, you might be a slim chance.

Simon

Craig said:
Did you dump Matt King when he got injured?
naa, i stuck with him, and eventually dumped him about 2 weeks before he came back.... silly me....

nibbs

International Captain
dam, I beat and Broncoman and Blewy early on. I'm in fo sho next season. we should have the maximum number of teams next season.

Simon

naa would be too many, 12 is the ideal number, there becomes too many dud players if you have 14 or 15 sides...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
I'll be up for next season...played this year and am in the preliminary final this week....hopefully Hazem can kick me home...

Simon

still a long way before next season, and im not giving back the trophy until grand final day 2005, and even then i plan on keeping it :p

nibbs

International Captain
broncoman said:
naa would be too many, 12 is the ideal number, there becomes too many dud players if you have 14 or 15 sides...
no way. it adds a challenge. it'll be harder for the good teams to become super strong. the talent would hopefully be spread between teams and such.

Simon

nothing but dopey managers stopped this seasons comp from being even, rugby league knowledge played a part in the end, look who the last 2 teams left were managed by....

Simon

hah nice one, not.....
as much as people dont want to believe, me and blewy have the best knowledge of rugby league on this site, with the exception of kyle who also went well in the competition.....

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
My knowledege of League:

There is a rugby ball like the one Jonny kicked :P.

There are 13 players, 2(or 3 at one point) less that England had in their Union victory :P.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
hah nice one, not.....
as much as people dont want to believe, me and blewy have the best knowledge of rugby league on this site, with the exception of kyle who also went well in the competition.....

cosndiering i finished = 1st

thanks mate

i have played long anough and would liek to think my knowledge is up there. but u jus keep crawling up blewys ****..............

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ why d u loathe me mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon

haha settle down bugs, u know my opinion of ur line of work, i havent really discussed league with you enough to have an opinion, despite the fact of where u work, ur knowledge is probably pretty good...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
u can say one thing though, you beat the competition winners during the season ;)
20-17 very early on, but my team was crap.

You could have recruited smartly during the season, i only finished the season with 6 or 7 of my original players out of 25....
mind u, i was silly in dumping a few players like Ryan Cross, Matt King, Willie Tonga etc...
yeah thats a fair call, i did pick up a few players through the season, i mean i picked up a few players, but not anyone who did well, players like Geyer, Carlaw, Croker... but i didn't bother looking for new players till injuries started to hit - losing the macdougall brothers, Harris and Utai, Girdler and Kimmorley to injury certainly didn't help.

one thing i did learn though - choos e your forwards carefully :) that cost me alot this season, and im hoping to fix that for next.

Simon

fowards were the big difference, i think i had about 11 or 12 different players get foward tries during the season, and about 7 or 8 more who got foward tries after i dropped them....