• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virat Kohli, the greatest ODI bat ever?

Is Virat Kohli the Greatest ODI bat of all Time

• Yes

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Logan

U19 Captain
ABD

Innings : 218
Runs : 9577
Average : 53.5
SR : 101
Centuries : 25

Kohli

Innings : 230
Runs : 11520
Average : 60.3
SR : 93.2
Centuries : 43

Both are automatic picks into any all time ODI eleven. But I would rate Kohli higher especially due to his outstanding performances in run chases.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
They both needed time to develop their skills, you can't just crop out the beginning period for ABD while not doing the same for Kohli.
1. I was replying for Kohli being numero uno in 08-19

2. ABD started in lower and slower scoring era , and Declined in easier era compared to Kohli. You need to adjust numbers for era differences.

3. so far , ABD clearly superior based on stats , rest depends on Kohli's future performances.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
ABD

Innings : 218
Runs : 9577
Average : 53.5
SR : 101
Centuries : 25

Kohli

Innings : 230
Runs : 11520
Average : 60.3
SR : 93.2
Centuries : 43

Both are automatic picks into any all time ODI eleven. But I would rate Kohli higher especially due to his outstanding performances in run chases.
That numbers are misleading , in reality ABD and Kohli avgs almost same when ABD scores at much faster rate , after era adjustment of course.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
So far ,

1. Sachin - best numbers for his time ( Bevan ? ) , Unprecedented rate of hundred scoring , super long career , played against top bowlers throughout the career , great stats in matches that mattered

2. Viv - best numbers for his time easily ( Abbas ? ) , Great stats in big stages.

3. ABD - best numbers for his time ( Viv league ? )

4. Kohli - Tendulkar league in century scoring , best numbers for last 5 years or so , great performances in chasings .

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, at this point no one is bothering to intended when PFK passes off his dubious opinions as fact.

cnerd123

likes this
The '43% better than the next 4 ODI batsmen in terms of centuries/innings during his career' is a pretty cool stat though. Zaltsman-esque really.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
The '43% better than the next 4 ODI batsmen in terms of centuries/innings during his career' is a pretty cool stat though. Zaltsman-esque really.
Haha, really miss those hilarious blogs. Haven't been reading cricinfo for ages now, ever since they ****ed with the user interfaces.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
I rate only Akram , Sachin , Viv and Dhoni ahead of Kapil as Odi players.
I too rate Kapil massively, almost as high as you do, but he really underachieved with the bat. Certainly in the discussion for the greatest ODI cricketers ever, but not purely with the bat.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
He keeps finding new and creative ways to torture stats.
1. Statistically, ABDV is the best Odi batsman during Kohli career. It's a simple fact.

2. Kohli needs to maintain his century domination (43%) another 11-12 years to match Sachin Tendulkar's.
It's a myth braking analysis.

I don't see any torturing there.

trundler

Yeah if you're upgrading his batting average based on 'era adjustment' then by the same token he's as good as Chris Woakes.

TheJediBrah

**** PFK's world being turned upside down at the realisation that he can't only era adjust Kapil's batting and leave his bowling as it is