• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vanilla draft

ataraxia

International Coach
Why isn't Imran (and to a lesser extent Hadlee) classified as other (allrounder)? Hammond could be at a pinch too.
No matter what way I classify there are going to have to be some judgement calls, so basically what I decided to do is to put frontline bowlers as bowlers, and leave "other" open to 5th bowlers, keeper, bits 'n' pieces all-rounder (at an ATG level, that's all "genuine" ARs), etc.

It doesn't make too much sense as a classification system but it makes sense as an easier way to check who's gone IMO, based on how one would likely play each player.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
No matter what way I classify there are going to have to be some judgement calls, so basically what I decided to do is to put frontline bowlers as bowlers, and leave "other" open to 5th bowlers, keeper, bits 'n' pieces all-rounder (at an ATG level, that's all "genuine" ARs), etc.

It doesn't make too much sense as a classification system but it makes sense as an easier way to check who's gone IMO, based on how one would likely play each player.
Okay. Sounds logical.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I tossed up between Hammond and Garner but already had a good "quick" and decided to look at my middle order. I was hoping (rather optimistically) that 'Big Bird' might sneak through to my next pick. Wishful thinking.
I would love to see an attack of McGrath and Garner in tandem

shortpitched713

International Captain
Wes Hall

Has anyone ever commented on the fact that this game gets really hard, after all the first 40 odd easy picks are made?

@ataraxia next with double pick from before