• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
#ChennaiSuperKiwis for a reason. Seriously, 11 NZers have played for CSK, equal to the number of Australians, & that's before you get to Fleming.

I would be very surprised if Smith got a callup. I think the likes of Duffy, Lister & Tickner will be called up ahead of him, & I think the Pakistan T20s will have a very T20WC-centric focus, with old hands more likely to make up numbers than new guys. Then again, Smithy will now be competing with Holder for a spot in the Worcestershire starting XI.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Wondered if Robinson would be an outside chance with the timing of this tour. The old guy at Onslow who has been saying he would be in the Black Caps the past few years will be stoked.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I guess it's good we're persisting with Foxcroft after a forgetable home season (which has context) as he does seem, theoretically, like an irresistible option. Like, he and Glenn Phillips could be the future cornerstones of our side.

I knew Neesham was technically eligible but I honestly thought they would've passed him by by now.

Glad Robinson gets a gig - bet that was a Wells choice.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I knew Neesham was technically eligible but I honestly thought they would've passed him by by now.
I don't mind it off the back of his recent T20 tournaments including his recent BPL performances and he should still be in our squad of 15 for the T20 WC, even if he isn't always making every top XI (depending on pitch conditions).

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Black Caps on Facebook said:
After a challenging first season as a contracted player for the Wellington Firebirds, hear from Tim Robinson about the winter work with Dean Brownlie he believes helped propel him into the T20I squad named today for Pakistan.
Another big plug for Brownlie!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I don't mind it off the back of his recent T20 tournaments including his recent BPL performances and he should still be in our squad of 15 for the T20 WC, even if he isn't always making every top XI (depending on pitch conditions).
Oh for sure. It just seemed like the selectors were going to only pick him if it was a last resort and tbf missing 9 or so guys kind of is that.

Interestingly Wells considers Munro an option for the WC squad