• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty pissed off that I couldn't watch it. I knew Sky Sport had lost the IPL rights, and I happened to find out that it was instead going to be on a channel called Colors (Sky channel 151). I duly set it to record, but the recording failed - turns out this channel costs $10 a month and it's not even HD. :dry:

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Pretty pissed off that I couldn't watch it. I knew Sky Sport had lost the IPL rights, and I happened to find out that it was instead going to be on a channel called Colors (Sky channel 151). I duly set it to record, but the recording failed - turns out this channel costs $10 a month and it's not even HD. :dry:
Sent SKY a frustrated complaint, cos can't get Colors on Sky Sport Now anyway. Got the most half ass reply back, disappointed to say the least.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting to see Izzy Gaze crediting the White Ferns' batting coach Dean Brownlie for the dramatic improvement in her batting yesterday (her previous highest score was 16, and she scored 51* off 28 balls).

The Ferns need all the help they can get in that department, so I hope he sticks around with them for a while yet, but he might be a coach to watch in the long term.

Last edited:

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
Really good result for the A team to seal a 2-1 series win.

I seriously wasn't expecting it. For some reason, I expected the T20 series to be closer. I guess it's an encouraging sign on the development front that the pieces are there, even if a bit rough around the edges & with a few omissions.

Edit: oh no. Wrong thread. How did it take me this long to figure it out?

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain

Happy that Anderson still has a career. Would be a nice feel-good story if he’s able to turn out some good performances in the WC.

But really, he is probably NZ’s biggest what might have been from the last 10-15 years along with Jesse Ryder. Can recall the fresh hope that the 2008-2010 U19s injected when they moved up to the national side. It was a very uplifting time to be a NZ fan and Anderson was a certainly big part of that. Could have done a lot more with his ability, shame about the injuries.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Indeed. Followed his career after he debuted for Canterbury at 16 which was extraordinary. Did pretty well straight away and also starred in that 2008 under 19 WC. Got 80 odd in the semifinal against India who were captained by Kohli. Then had various injury issues before eventually making his Black Caps debut about 6 years later. It was so satisfying when he made that record ODI century and cracked the test side then picked up a big IPL deal. The Black Caps were fortunate to have Neesham and de Granhomme to fill the all-round role it looked like he would have over the past decade. Hope he goes well for the US.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So add Matt Henry to this list:

Kane Williamson (Gujarat Titans), Devon Conway (Chennai Super Kings), Mitchell Santner (Chennai Super Kings), Daryl Mitchell (Chennai Super Kings), Rachin Ravindra (Chennai Super Kings), Trent Boult (Rajasthan Royals) and Glenn Phillips (Sunrisers Hyderabad), Lockie Ferguson (Royal Challengers Bangalore).

Plus Finn Allen if I'm not mistaken? Edit: I am mistaken.

Apart from Trent Boult, the rest would all be t20I first choice or squad players.

Optimistic side of me thinks we'll get a better look at the fringe players, but the pessimist makes me think we'll see bowes, sp and lister back in black

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Based on the Australia series, I'm sure these guys will go to pakistan. Fill in the team/squad with what you expect, and then what you hope

1. Allen
2. Young
3. Seifert+
4. Chapman
6. Clarkson
8. Milne
9. Sodhi
10. Sears
11. Southee

So about 6 empty slots for fringe players. A conservative Stead shouting down Wells would probably see us with:
Bowes
Blundell
Lister
Bracewell
Mcconchie
Latham or SP

I'd prefer to leave Young (long term not a t20I player), Southee and Seifert at home but realistically they won't. I'd like to get a look at Severin, and an away tour that the public won't care about night be good, might not be. Tim Robinson as well as a reward for a good super smash. Max Chu for keeping duties, though of Seifert wasn't fit they'd probably give Allen the gloves (acquitted himself well in Conway's absence). Ashok, Smith and Foulkes on the bowling front.

I'd love to bring Shipley back into the fold, ideally for Southee, and Duffy in as well. But I don't see any of those guys getting a gig really.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I assumed Allen was 'too busy' with IPL preps to be arsed playing PS. Your"e saying he doesn't even have a contract?

What the hell was he doing all March then? Or was he injured? Or not good enough to make the Auckland team?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Based on the Australia series, I'm sure these guys will go to pakistan. Fill in the team/squad with what you expect, and then what you hope

1. Allen
2. Young
3. Seifert+
4. Chapman
6. Clarkson
8. Milne
9. Sodhi
10. Sears
11. Southee

So about 6 empty slots for fringe players. A conservative Stead shouting down Wells would probably see us with:
Bowes
Blundell
Lister
Bracewell
Mcconchie
Latham or SP

I'd prefer to leave Young (long term not a t20I player), Southee and Seifert at home but realistically they won't. I'd like to get a look at Severin, and an away tour that the public won't care about night be good, might not be. Tim Robinson as well as a reward for a good super smash. Max Chu for keeping duties, though of Seifert wasn't fit they'd probably give Allen the gloves (acquitted himself well in Conway's absence). Ashok, Smith and Foulkes on the bowling front.

I'd love to bring Shipley back into the fold, ideally for Southee, and Duffy in as well. But I don't see any of those guys getting a gig really.
Southee is skipping this series.

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
I assumed Allen was 'too busy' with IPL preps to be arsed playing PS. Your"e saying he doesn't even have a contract?

What the hell was he doing all March then? Or was he injured? Or not good enough to make the Auckland team?
RCB dropped Allen. In fairness, he'd been with them for 3 seasons & never got a game. No one else picked him up.

Considering it's Stead, I expect Nicholls in the side. At least he was the top run scorer in SS, so he's somewhat earned it.