• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
An idea I've had for a while is to try & maximise D/N timeslots to try & keep it going nearly every day instead of throttling it by reducing it to weekends only. I know it's difficult, because only ND (Bay/Seddon), CD (McLean), & Canterbury (Hagley) can host such games comfortably (unless Auckland host such games inside Eden Park & Wellington at the Cake Tin). Try to maximise the after work/evening family crowds (& hopefully TV friendly too). On weekends, you can afford more daytime games; keep them.
We could bring back Owen Delany Park!

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
We could bring back Owen Delany Park!
It'd be a nice change of scenery from Bay & Seddon. I'm still a bit sad that the game in Whangarei got stuffed up due to the Covid restrictions in Northland, otherwise I would've gone to it.

My frustration is that Otago doesn't have a ground with lights.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

I always liked Lou back in the day and after his fall from grace and mental health issues I had feared he'd be a tragic story, but it's nice to see he's found some peace
Lou is, was and always will be a great bloke. Absolute ripper who deserves to be happy and made mistakes which he owned. No justice in the world that the other guy who manipulated him and did things a lot worse got to walk off relatively scot free.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Lou is, was and always will be a great bloke. Absolute ripper who deserves to be happy and made mistakes which he owned. No justice in the world that the other guy who manipulated him and did things a lot worse got to walk off relatively scot free.
Well, the manipulator is in a worse place now.

But totally agree re: Vincent

_Ed_

Here's what's on offer

Home international cricket matches for the Black Caps and White Ferns

All Super Smash T20 matches, and domestic one day finals.

England and Wales cricket, starting with the second Ashes Test against Australia.
Looking forward to this. But then...

Local sport will feature a comprehensive commentary team lead by Scotty Stevenson
Ah.

Last edited:

Zinzan

I can't do Scotty Stevenson. It just amazing that every person I know despises his fan-girl inept and unnuanced commentary yet they keep hiring him. Do they do zero customer research? Clearly they don't.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Bloody hell, I thought it would happen but that’s depressing reading nevertheless. So three more years and then maybe we’ll get Sky back and get rid of this halfwit from our coverage.