• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Chubb

International Regular
Yeah it's not fair to suggest it is Jesse, though one of the issues with name suppression is allowing us all to speculate without really knowing.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I mean I saw the article this morning and made a few guesses in my mind, but naming names is pretty unfair. Even if it's speculation.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Yeah. Sorry about that. The only reason I thought it might be okay is that the location of the court seemed a flashing red light. I will go back and delete the post.

Chubb

International Regular
Yeah. Sorry about that. The only reason I thought it might be okay is that the location of the court seemed a flashing red light. I will go back and delete the post.
It's human nature to speculate on these things, that's why name suppression is problematic in this kind of case.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyway, however we may feel about MIQ (in my case, a hell of a long way from perfect but preferable to the alternative), it's obviously disappointing to lose this tour - although I would feel a bit uneasy about the Black Caps getting special treatment while all other returnees are paused.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Over 20 countries (including Australia) have had more Covid deaths reported just today than we've had in the entire pandemic. Of course we haven't been perfect, but IMO there'd be more people wanting to trade places with us than laughing at us.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe not a laughing stock but still a hermit kingdom. Real shame the under 19s can't be at their tournament either.
"Hermit Kingdom". Pfft. more trite soundbites. It's almost as if people would rather believe such things than actual evidence or science. But hey, I guess that's what the current social media background lends itself towards - even the most complex issues are boiled down to such bollocks.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Watching this Maxwell/Stoinis performance in the BBL tonight I'd be slightly nervous we would have been thrashed with a B-side going over (although would have been cool to see some new faces get a go and obviously Ross's farewell).

Last edited: