• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Presumably this cyclone is going to hit the Upper North Island (including Tauranga) at the time of the first test.
Yep definitely & just in time for Day 1 starting on Tuesday.

I guess that's one thing to halt this England Test machine, although might clear by Saturday Day 5 to give England a chance to score 300/6 in 35 overs & then bowl NZ out twice in the last session and a bit.

1675921882077.png

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I'm pretty dubious of these 12-a-side , or 15-a-side, non-FC games. But, for someone like young Cumming that is a pretty relentless exposure to quality bowlers. 6 test quality proper bowlers spell after spell. No let up when a domestic no-name comes on 3rd and 4th change, which would be his experiences so far.

Compared to the English facing Solia opening the bowling.

Immenso

^^ maybe I should re-evaluate the worth of the 'hundreds that don't exist' by G Phillips, F Allen, K Jamieson, that have been scored in these 'games' v England on recent previous tours.

Flem274*

123/5
I've been at the ground both days for a bit after work and it's a slow dog motorway (which is why such a raw XI is competing with England) but Jacob Cumming does look a good player from the highlights I watched to catch up on early play just now. Foakes was taking the ball very low by 5pm.

I was at a different angle today but can confirm that compared to Anderson and Robinson, McKay is very quick. Anderson was probably bowling within himself because to the naked eye he was similar pace to Robinson. I could pick them up but my terrible eyesight was losing McKay. I didn't see Stone in the flesh though.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's still like a week out, there's still a chance that the cyclone veers off course/gets weaker or whatever.
It's meant to hit on Sunday according to the radar, and be gone by midnight on Tuesday. Plenty of time for the ground to recover for Thursday, given modern drainage. I think we'll be OK.

nzfan

I've been at the ground both days for a bit after work and it's a slow dog motorway (which is why such a raw XI is competing with England) but Jacob Cumming does look a good player from the highlights I watched to catch up on early play just now. Foakes was taking the ball very low by 5pm.

I was at a different angle today but can confirm that compared to Anderson and Robinson, McKay is very quick. Anderson was probably bowling within himself because to the naked eye he was similar pace to Robinson. I could pick them up but my terrible eyesight was losing McKay. I didn't see Stone in the flesh though.
I don't think anyone would be bowling at 100%, this is a practice game and should be viewed as such. The bowlers try out balls that likely they would rely on, work out their rythm etc. They don't go out particularly all out to take wickets so any runs/wickets should be taken with grain of salt. Good for some of our younger boys to have been involved, helps them break the barriers, builds bit of confidence and enthusiasm.

nzfan

7 firebirds playing club cricket today in Wellington, 4 for HDCC and 3 for Karori. That's some Hutt District line up and my boy Ben Sears is back bowling albeit only 4 overs.

Hearing a lot of good things about Muhammad Abbas, I was hoping he ends up a top class left armer but been told he's 120 k type of bowler but a very good bat.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Outlandish prediction: Wagner will make his debut in a white ball format this summer. (T20 series vs Sri Lanka probably). Super Smash - 4 matches, 10 wickets at an average of 9.8.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Nathan Smith for Johnsonville as well
Tim Robinson got 72 off 58 opening for Onslow in a narrow loss to Norths.

And yeah, Wagner's success in the Super Smash has been a revelation. That would be great if he could extend his international career that way.