• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
2022 England Men's home schedule
Test series against New Zealand

1st Test, Lord's - June 2-6

2nd Test, Trent Bridge - June 10-14

3rd Test, Emerald Headingley - June 23-27

Good to see us get 3 test matches.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
2022 England Men's home schedule
Test series against New Zealand

1st Test, Lord's - June 2-6

2nd Test, Trent Bridge - June 10-14

3rd Test, Emerald Headingley - June 23-27

Good to see us get 3 test matches.
Guaranteed to not rain for the entire series then :thumbsup:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Milne being selected for the WC as reserve cover, could we make a strategic late-replacement, or would we literally need to declare an injury to another player for him to play? He's gotta be playing one way or the other

Zinzan

^ Okay, answered my own question...."Adam Milne has been selected as the 16th member of the squad for the T20 World Cup. He will join the team for the tournament but can only be called upon if a squad member is injured. "

Now I just need to know whose leg I need to break.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Okay, answered my own question...."Adam Milne has been selected as the 16th member of the squad for the T20 World Cup. He will join the team for the tournament but can only be called upon if a squad member is injured. "

Now I just need to know whose leg I need to break.
Milne+Fergersun sounds like a nasty death combo for you guys, that with one of boult or southee upfront and ajaz/santnav/sodhi for spin is gonna be REALLY hard to negotiate. You have solid openers and 2 good hitters in the middle order in phillips and neesh. Genuinly think you guys are massive dark horses for the WC.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Milne's kinda come out of nowhere in the last 10 months. We'd pretty much all written off his career as having gone in the same direction as Corey Anderson's, and with Lockie beginning to resemble ODI Shane Bond more and more over the past couple of years, I think the selectors had pretty much written him off. Sucks for him, he definitely deserves a place. I guess the selectors must feel that 2 quicks in the UAE is surplus to requirements - that Lockie will play every game and so therefore Milne is only hanging around in case Lockie breaks down. But what we've seen in the past few days suggests the opposite. Quicks are important, and IPL teams are looking to squeeze as many genuine pacers into their XI as possible.

Immenso

Jamieson over Milne was a strange selection, IMO.

Not that I'm some T20 expert. Doing a crash course in T20 tactics, match ups etc to bone up for the T20WC. Man it is so baseball-like.

Moss

Jamieson over Milne was a strange selection, IMO.

Not that I'm some T20 expert. Doing a crash course in T20 tactics, match ups etc to bone up for the T20WC. Man it is so baseball-like.
Jaimeson is pretty much living off his test exploits when it comes to T20, quite lucky to be selected over Milne and even Kuggs you feel.

Hope the selectors show some imagination and find a way to fit Milne in. Though Southee has done very well in the home T20s and Boult has always been an automatic selection, both still quite hittable at the back half of the innings.

Flem274*

123/5
franchise t20 is a far cry from internationals, even the IPL. milne was fairly meh in his outings last summer for nz.

milne is still a much better t20 choice than jamieson though. i also like seeing milne bowling that outswinger at a good clip these days. he's toyed with it for years but if he's pulling it out in the IPL you'd think he's confident in it now.

Zinzan

franchise t20 is a far cry from internationals, even the IPL.
Not at all if the particular franchise T20s happen to be the IPL & The Hundred ( well effectively t20) with the caliber of batsmen on show.

In Milne's case he's clearly in the form of his life & it was no surprise it wasn't lost on Mumbai's selectors seeing they started him a few nights ago.
milne was fairly meh in his outings last summer for nz.
In the last 3-4 months, he seems to have refined his knuckleball, along with more orthodox slower-balls and bouncers, he's bowling consistently 142-146 kms, pushing 150 here and there & seems to have his yorker on a string. He'd be my number 1 T20 bowling pick atm,& I say that even with Ferguson looking good himself & Santner being Santner as a white-ball bowler.

Flem274*

123/5
Neither of those franchise leagues are close to internationals tbh.

Milne is bowling very well, but hes nit going to get to bowl at numpties like rayudu and raina every game.

Flem274*

123/5
Random thought watching the IPL - when Wagner hangs up the boots I think we should pick Ferguson (or Milne if he's bowling red ball and bowling really well) over Henry. It sucks for Henry but we don't need 3 right arm outswing bowlers.

Southee, Boult, Jamieson, Ferguson is such a well rounded quartet.

We either go for the pace or we try out Ajaz as a full time test cricketer, though there is a chance by then Ravindra will be in the side opening or at #6 and providing the spin option.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t think either Milne or Ferguson are particularly well suited to filling Wagner’s role. He’s essentially a spin bowler in terms of the role he plays in the side: bowls long spells with the old ball, keeps it tight, chips in with a few wickets and usually comes to the fore in the 4th innings. The quick guys who’ll be gassing after 4 or 5 overs can’t play that role. Maybe with Jamieson in the XI it’ll no longer be required, but I kinda think that once Wagner hangs up his boots it might finally be Ajaz’s time to shine.