• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Underrated sports

ripper868

International Coach
I refer you to exhibit A :)

I think the worst matches of any sport will be pretty poor watching.

PS: Your avatar makes my mouth water :drool:
Good man, I too can appreciate a fine game of League...the last i went to (titans vs Roosters) was not one such occasion...Ireland vs Fiji however was a good old yell at Jarryd Hayne-a-thon, specially when he got burned by the irish winger. Love the Irish.

Reccomend you watch the Reds this year, hopefully more of the same as 2010.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Must admit, I always enjoy watching a bit of diving. Generally restrict myself to Olympics only, but there are some heats on at the Comm. Games at the moment.
Diving is great. I still remember the diving from Seoul '88 when Greg Louganis beat the 14 year old Chinese kid (Xiong Ni?) despite hitting his head.

_Ed_

Yeah, it's superb. Wish we had a proper domestic competition, would love it.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, it's superb. Wish we had a proper domestic competition, would love it.
We actually do have a regional Sevens tournament each year, held in Queenstown - I've never actually watched it but I've heard some very good reviews about the tournament.

_Ed_

Yeah, but I think it only lasts for one weekend. I'd like to see some sort of league structure.

Spikey

Rugby 7's is exactly how I wish Rugby was played. The rucks and scrums are so much better in 7's.

Somewhat related to the previous post about diving, in the space of a week Alexandre Despatie has just become my favourite Canadian person.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
One of the things I'd least like to do in sports is be one of the guys running out of the goals in a penalty corner.
It's pretty scary, but it's even worse if you are the guy on the post, trust me. You often have no line of sight for the ball and about a split second to move your head out of the way. At least when you're running out the ball is usually pretty low down and you can see what's going on.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf the scrum is pretty spectator friendly because it creates a lot of space to play good rugby in. Rugby league can get very congested imo. And stop/start. The concept of fast ball can't really exist.
It's funny, this is pretty much what I think when I watch rugby. Maybe both sides are arguing the same point!

I

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of the things I'd least like to do in sports is be one of the guys running out of the goals in a penalty corner.
haha, yeah it's something I tried to avoid when I played. Was a forward for the most part, so just watched from half-way.