• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umpire Bucknor accuses TV crews of doctored images

What do you think about Bucknor accuses

• I Agree

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I Dont Agree

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • I Dont Know

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hard to know what to make of that. I guess it's unlikely that he would come up with such an accusation without at least some shred of credibility to it, but the way he describes it is a bit non-sensical. Perhaps it's just the way the article has used his quotes. It's not a full interview so its hard to know the context in which he said it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I know we live in a litigious age & he was possibly wary of being sued, but I think his accusations would carry more weight if he could have given some specific examples.

I'll be interested to know what any other elite-panel umps say about it. If none back him up I think it's possible this is just the next stage of Bucknor's ongoing senescence.

Raymond

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Thats it, ..his errors have cost certian teams "the series" . Its time he goes,. its quite evident he is gone completely loco

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Bucknor, the door is there please leave.

He is lingering in International cricket like the last guest at a party that does not get the fact the hosts want to go to bed.

Inept and full of excuses and takes himself far too seriously.

Complicated

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I remember reading somewhere that the sensitivity of a number of Hawkeye variables can be altered by an opperator. Its probably needed for Cricket, because the different tracks might require adjustments to be made. At some stage man error/intentions are still a part equation. Could be a fair comment.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think that it is no coincidence that Steve is singing from the loony hymn sheet - after all, Stephen A Bucknor is an exact anagram of .....

Bonkers chap tune

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Some people that share my disdain for Bucknor. Good-o. I got into an argument on another forum over him with someone claiming he was the best umpire going around behind Taufel! He is the second worst international umpire behind the eccentric Kiwi. I don't think A Shocker De Silva or that dodgy South African bloke (Orchard?) are still on the circuit anyway.

Senile old fool.

biased indian

International Coach
Great Birtannia said:
Some people that share my disdain for Bucknor. Good-o. I got into an argument on another forum over him with someone claiming he was the best umpire going around behind Taufel! He is the second worst international umpire behind the eccentric Kiwi. I don't think A Shocker De Silva or that dodgy South African bloke (Orchard?) are still on the circuit anyway.

Senile old fool.
De silva is back :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
On TMS today Mike Selvey was talking about a conversation he had with an International umpire (not Bucknor) a couple of years ago.

This umpire told him that at Tea in a Test he was standing in the local TV highlights showed an LBW decision he'd made and that it had pitched "in the zone"

He was watching some highlights that evening and the same ball pitched outside leg...