• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 World Cup fixtures

FRAZ

International Captain
yeah...go do that in that thread dont spam here...if you dont like it dont bother posting here...
I mean are you trying to moderate over here or what happened seriously . What special has happened and why are you trying to be so special ?
I have never heard about you being a famous whatever ! SHut your fingers off from the key board if you realy have some moderating or importance seeking tendencies !!!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It'll be interesting to see what sort of teams are sent to this thing. There's not all that much other cricket on this year, so I don't think we'll see too many players rested, but you never know.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anywhoo, looks a good comp, even if we have as many dead ties as happened in this torturous WC, odi, at least it will be over quickly,and there will always be crowds.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I mean are you trying to moderate over here or what happened seriously . What special has happened and why are you trying to be so special ?
I have never heard about you being a famous whatever ! SHut your fingers off from the key board if you realy have some moderating or importance seeking tendencies !!!
what the ****? what are you talking about?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He was clearly pointing-out that to talk down the format here is no illicit activity.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
i wasn't saying it was...just saying that since you guys have your own thread why dont talk crap about it over there? talking crap about the tournament is more like it...cause we already know you guys dont like 20/20

LA ICE-E

State Captain
there's bowl off in odi too...well atleast in the semis and final of its wc...wonder if there will bowl offs for group stage or the super 8 though...probably not...

Perm

As long as there is at least one bowl off.

Classic idea. Best thing about 20/20
The bowl off between New Zealand and the West Indies was actually very disapointing, I struggle to see how top bowlers couldn't hit the stumps. Was kinda ridiculous really, plus a bit of an anticlimax.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
well a penalty shot out can be a anti-climax too but its not always...i like bowl outs though because its just fun...bowl out should be the option for every tie in 20/20...

Scaly piscine

20 overs is a very short time, suits minnows far more than an ODI.
In the sense that it's easier to perform well/badly for a short period of time it does obviously.

I think it gives sides like Bangladesh a better chance. But the gap is too big with Scotland, Kenya and Zimbabwe. The minnow sides generally haven't done well in the opening part of the innings in this World Cup and they've really suffered in the death overs.

Personally I think the pitches/grounds in SA are possibly the worst for staging Twenty20 games, they tend to produce 150-5 type wickets, not high scoring and not much for the bowlers to take wickets with. The games in the recent domestic Twenty20 are a good example of this. You don't want complete roads, just a good cricket wicket where good bowling gets wickets and batsmen can play all their shots.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Haha India plays with Scotland and Pakistan, what are the chances that we will get knocked out in the group stage, quite high IMO. Anyway not a big fan of Twenty20 though i still might watch it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
i wasn't saying it was...just saying that since you guys have your own thread why dont talk crap about it over there? talking crap about the tournament is more like it...cause we already know you guys dont like 20/20
We've already done so... and in any case, FRAZ was simply taking issue with you "telling others what to do".

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Merits of 20/20 cricket aside, I can't believe they're doing this in the same year as the WC.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
well...people have to look back on what they said about 20/20 helps the minnows more...well it may be...but only if they have power hitters like the aussies do...