• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game Version 2

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Wants:
- Spinner
- Well-Rounded Middle Order Batsman
- Aggressive-ish Opening Batsman

Willing to Trade:
- Hamish Rutherford
- Dean Brownlie
- Ish Sodhi
- Mark Craig
- Jimmy Neesham
- Doug Bracewell
- Brendon McCullum (for the right offer)

Waiting on Responses From:
morgieb (Watson for Ryder + Non-Squad Player of Choice Who Isn't Henry or Milne)
Heef (Ojha + Franklin + Jeets for Sibanda + Jarvis)

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Give me Boult for Faf imo.
Nah ****. Boult's too important to my attack for that. I thought Faf might be a bridge too far; was hoping that you'd want an all-rounder.

Corey Anderson is on the table, if you're interested in him.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Zimbabweans = have played an international match for Zimbabwe in the past.
So the rule is anybody can trade away players who have declared they no longer wish to play for their home country (who have not yet debuted or qualified for another country).

I put the part in brackets in there for peeps like Ballance. OK Heef does that work you - you can trade away some of your players who are plying their trade elsewhere but they can't play for you.

cnerd123

likes this
Michael Bracewell is a number 3 and BD already have a good one.

Tbh BD's 1-6 look pretty solid atm. If I lose one of Compton/Tamim I lose a solid opener and only have Anamul as backup, so it needs to be a slightly better offer than a batsman who actually might not break into the XI.

If you can offer me a decent number 4, or two good quick bowlers, I'll consider giving you Compton. Doug Bracewell is good. What other quick are you willing to let go of?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nah ****. Boult's too important to my attack for that. I thought Faf might be a bridge too far; was hoping that you'd want an all-rounder.

Corey Anderson is on the table, if you're interested in him.
Any combination of my non Hash/AB batsman (within reason) are available if you're willing to change your mind.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If you can offer me a decent number 4, or two good quick bowlers, I'll consider giving you Compton. Doug Bracewell is good. What other quick are you willing to let go of?
Any quicks other than Southee, Boult, Henry and Milne are fair game, so that gives you the likes of Wheeler, Mills, Bevan Small, McClenenenenenenenenaghan, Duffy, Gillespie, Arnel etc etc.

What about Anderson or Neesham as a #7 pace-bowling all-rounder? Gives you plenty of batting depth. Or Brownlie as a #4 and shadow opener?

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Where are you looking to fill in? I'd be interested in KP.
@Pothas I am interested in kp as earlier indicated as well - so perhaps compare multiple offers for him. I also would like to know what your gaps are

cnerd123

likes this
Nah if I wanted Compton I would have picked him over Lyth in the first instance.
Nasir and Jubair Hossain then. Talented young batsman who is a great fielder and handy offspinner, and a talented young legspinner. Hossain slot in nicely at 7 and alongside Moeen and Root creates a formidable part-time spin attack and allows for 4 quicks. Jubair has what it takes to perform in the subcontinent and who doesn't love a legspinner?

cnerd123

likes this
Any quicks other than Southee, Boult, Henry and Milne are fair game, so that gives you the likes of Wheeler, Mills, Bevan Small, McClenenenenenenenenaghan, Duffy, Gillespie, Arnel etc etc.

What about Anderson or Neesham as a #7 pace-bowling all-rounder? Gives you plenty of batting depth.

I'd like Anderson and Bracewell. Will happily give you Compton for them.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'd like Anderson and Bracewell. Will happily give you Compton for them.
I'm not going to confirm this just yet; I want to see what Anderson is worth to others first, but this is under serious consideration.

Throw in Nasir and I'm on it immediately.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morgie, what seamers would you be willing to give me for Faf?
Hazlewood or Pattinson, maybe? Have less of a need for middle order bats now with Trott and Ballance on the scene, so I'm probably less keen on him than what I might have been.