• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game Version 2

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Ajmal is in Pakistan's 30 man squad so I expect him to be playing in 2 months :/
The 2 month rule is largely for injury recovery and personal issues etc. Doctors are pretty good about forecasting how long someone will be out for while everyone is uncertain as to whether someone will pass re-testing with a remodelled action.

Also I already ruled our Narine for Heef so would like to be consistent.

Finally Ajmal had serious issues with his action so he has a lot of work to do to pass.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
So reading the start of this thread again suggests I am allowed KP?
If he wants to be selected and you as the chairman of selectors would select him then he can be eligible. Injuries and retirements, and ineligibility due to ICC rules are the main reasons for ruling someone out as opposed to disputes with Boards. Likewise Ryder would be available if we can be confident he wants to play (which I am not sure about). Does KP want to play...what is the latest...

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah KP wants to play, he tweets it every other day. OK so revised squad, taking into account that I need a keeper. I am actually going to assume that Prior it still injured.

Adam Lyth
Alastair Cook
Gary Ballance
Ian Bell
Joe Root
Moeen Ali
Jos Buttler
Chris Woakes
Chris Jordan
Stuart Broad
James Anderson

Kevin Pietersen
James Foster
Ben Stokes
Steven Finn

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
OK will do this.
Deal.

I'm actually slightly torn on this myself. There's a real lack of class opening options. Even considering his form, Cook is still easily top four openers in the world, and both of our sides basically have no good openers beside him. Does seriously weaken my bowling though. I think Morkel is a bit overrated, and Woakes' bowling has genuinely improved beyond what I imagined it could, but Morkel offered a lot of diversity to what Styen and Philander did (swing and seam) and Woakes is basically a much poorer version of those two (more so Philander if you consider batting I guess) rather than a poorer version of Morkel. In that respect, the second half of the trade doesn't really make sense, but personal bias and what not.

I'm willing to trade any non for Cook, Amla or AB batsman for either a spinner or proper fast bowler (i.e. someone who bowls proper wheels). If it's Duminy you're after it'll have to a be a spinner though.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Kyle Jarvis available and eligible...I could be persuaded to part with a prospect for him.
The way I interpret the Jarvis situation is that he isn't available for Zimbabwe but would be willing to play for another country (i.e. one that would actually pay him).

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Jarvis would've available to England until he's done seven years in County without playing for Zim I think. He's only not available for Zim due to him not wanting to play, he's technically eligible. Guess it's up to Hurricane to decide if he wants to allow him.

Pothas

Deal.

I'm actually slightly torn on this myself. There's a real lack of class opening options. Even considering his form, Cook is still easily top four openers in the world, and both of our sides basically have no good openers beside him. Does seriously weaken my bowling though. I think Morkel is a bit overrated, and Woakes' bowling has genuinely improved beyond what I imagined it could, but Morkel offered a lot of diversity to what Styen and Philander did (swing and seam) and Woakes is basically a much poorer version of those two (more so Philander if you consider batting I guess) rather than a poorer version of Morkel. In that respect, the second half of the trade doesn't really make sense, but personal bias and what not.

I'm willing to trade any non for Cook, Amla or AB batsman for either a spinner or proper fast bowler (i.e. someone who bowls proper wheels). If it's Duminy you're after it'll have to a be a spinner though.
Yeah I was reluctant to let Cook go. Not only because of the lack of openers but he has been such a huge part of England being good, a team without him feels kind of wrong. Could not give up the opportunity to hugely improve my 3rd and 4th bowling options though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The way I interpret the Jarvis situation is that he isn't available for Zimbabwe but would be willing to play for another country (i.e. one that would actually play him).
Good point. Could potentially implement him as someone Heef has but has to trade away?

Pothas

Ok Morgieb lets talk about this Warner deal.

Ballance, Trott and Robson are still the offer. But I may be I could be persuaded to swap any of those for KP.

cnerd123

likes this
Anamul Haque keeps so I'm covered for a second keeper anyways.

England - seeing as you sent off Cook, I'd be happy to trade you Compton for a couple of decent reserve quicks?

Pothas

Anamul Haque keeps so I'm covered for a second keeper anyways.

England - seeing as you sent off Cook, I'd be happy to trade you Compton for a couple of decent reserve quicks?
Depends on what happens with Warner.