• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tournament predictions

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Only three days before we kick off so in a month and a half's time to be able to say "I told you so", get your predictions in...

Tournament winner:
Runner-up:
Biggest surprise (team/player):
Biggest upset:
Biggest disappointment (team/player):
Strangest headline (besides Romanians scared of flying):

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Only three days before we kick off so in a month and a half's time to be able to say "I told you so", get your predictions in...

Tournament winner: Australia (see if I can jinx them)
Runner-up: SA
Biggest surprise (team/player): Samoa
Biggest upset: Argentina doing crappy making us regret inviting them to the 4 nations
Biggest disappointment (team/player): Quade Cooper
Strangest headline (besides Romanians scared of flying): Peter DeVilliers chosen as SA ambassador to Middle East following world cup

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tournament winner: NZ - has to happen sooner or later

Runner-up: England - fairly friendly looking draw with (probably) quarter v France and semi v SA

Biggest surprise (team/player): Not sure about "surprise" but Scotland to beat Argentina as team and run England worringly close; for a dark horse player keep an eye out for Vasily Artemyev of yer Russians. Has signed for Northampton and, as he showed in the Churchill Cup, is like **** off a wet shovel. Very quick.

Biggest upset: Pretty much everyone tipping one of Fiji or Samoa to surprise the Welsh, but I can also see a Parisse-led Italy seriously worrying an ailing Ireland.

Biggest disappointment (team/player):
team - France or Argentina out in the quarters and group stages respectively; player - John Smit. Picked on name and rep alone these days.

Strangest headline (besides Romanians scared of flying): "That Choke isn't Funny Anymore" after the All Blacks inevitably lose that semi to the Wobblies.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Tournament winner: NZ - got to pin the favourites tag on them
Runner-up: Australia - look depressingly good
Biggest surprise (team/player): Digby Ioane
Biggest upset: Italy will be in the running for QF until 10 minutes left of the last match
Biggest disappointment (team/player): John Smit
Strangest headline (besides Romanians scared of flying): Schalk Burger admits: 'I'm a scumbag'

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Runner-up: England - fairly friendly looking draw with (probably) quarter v France and semi v SA

Strangest headline (besides Romanians scared of flying): "That Choke isn't Funny Anymore" after the All Blacks inevitably lose that semi to the Wobblies.
All things gone accordingly, we'll actually face the Boks in the semifinals, whilst your lot will face Australia.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Hope NZ wins it. I support Australia in pretty much everything apart from Rugby as I lived in NZ when I was little and have always identified with the All Blacks.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Tournament winner: Australia
Runner-up: South Africa
Biggest surprise (team/player): Both Tualigi's make a massive impact, Foutali'i guides Samoa to a win over Wales, Dagg is the AB's best player; Scotland make it to at least the top 8, if not semi finals
Biggest upset: Samoa beat Wales, Scotland beat Argentina
Biggest disappointment (team/player): Kieran Read struggles to come back from his current injury, Smit and F.Steyn shown up and eventually replaced mid-tournament by Bismark and Lambie; Argentina fail to make the knockouts after their third place in 2007, and Wales don't make it out of the group stages again
Strangest headline (besides Romanians scared of flying): "Public transport works at Eden Park" (but thats so ridiculous it'll never happen)