• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
What I don't understand is how he could possibly get away with it despite all the testing premier athletes have to go through. And how athletes can still both attempt and get away with it. Maybe someone who understands the testing process better can explain this to me?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You don't like to make assertions about any athlete who excels like Armstrong did, but when he was consistently knocking off other blokes, themselves elite athletes who were getting caught, it does make you suspicious tstl.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Just the sheer amount of riders, both ex and current who said that they actively saw/had 2nd hand evidence of him doping is probably enough to convince me, even without the heaps of other evidence there is.

Spikey

I had a few stomach issues just before the race ... when it's an hour or two hours before the race there is not a lot you can do," he said after attending the dope control.
there's something about making a rider do a drug test after he's cracked and lost the tour and probably wants to hide under a hole that I love.

Bobisback

International Regular
Holy crap this looks a dangerous decent. Slippery road with no visiblity going downhill on a bike, no thanks.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Love Chris Anker Sorensen. Looks like he is in pain every second of the race but just keeps pushing even harder all the time.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What I don't understand is how he could possibly get away with it despite all the testing premier athletes have to go through. And how athletes can still both attempt and get away with it. Maybe someone who understands the testing process better can explain this to me?
Many, many premier athletes "allegedly" got away with it for a variety of reasons

For example, at one stage it was supposedly because there was only a very small window within which the testing techniques of the time could pick anything up and that's why guys like Michael Rasmussen were suspended for avoiding tests rather than simply testing positive

Also, IIRC, Ben Johnson got done because he had to dope so that he could train harder after sustaining an injury recovery close to the Seoul Olympics

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Ohh would be epic if they could set Froome up to go for the win here. Over a minute to claw back though.

Spikey

Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound

Suddenly not so in the mood for Paris on Saturday… what a joke!

yeeeeeeeeeees

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
This Froome stuff is doing my nut.

It's obviously in his contract that he is #2 to Wiggins and therefore he does the super-domestique job: something he is doing very well. It's not like he's losing time to anyone else by waiting for Wiggins (like Tejay had to with Cadel the first time he cracked). It's also completely missing the radar that no-one else has stayed with Froome on the climbs when he's gone away, or as if Wiggins hasn't done plenty of work himself (witness yesterday) or won the TT by the best part of a minute. Froome is the superior accelerator over a high gradient/summit finish.

That's even without thinking about how all the other teams would have handled him had they believed he was a potential winner from day one. He signed on for Sky this year AFTER last year's Vuelta when this whole scenario played itself out in stereo, when Cobo broke Wiggins on the Angliru and went past Froome on the GC too. He knew what the deal was, so I wish people would drop this ****.

Bobisback

International Regular
That was just wow. Never seen him sprint from that far out. Cant believe he was paying $10 on TAB to win this stage.

Dydl

International Debutant
Really great sprint from Cavendish. The biggest margin in a sprint finish for a while too, I think.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Froome wiped the floor with everyone, and then Wiggins went a minute faster for good measure.

Evans lost six minutes.