• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France 2011 Thread

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Would be soo awesome if Voeckler won, but I can't see him lasting it out through the Alps and then the TT as well. Think either Evans or Contador will get it, hopefully Contador.

Andy Schleck is a ****, definitely don't want him to win.

biased indian

International Coach
today and tomorrow in the alps right..which is the difficult stage of the both...?

wont be able to see today..hope its the one tomorrow

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great stuff today. Must say enjoyed S.S and A.C going so badly. A lot of respect gained for Andy & Cadel

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Might have to revisit opinion on Geraint Thomas again. 5 minutes back on Evans and 3 of those spent waiting on Urán.

Evans the only one with guts to call Leopard's bluff, but it might not be enough.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great ride by Andy Schleck but most of the others in Evans' goup should be ashamed pf themselves - they werent even trying to hide the fact that he was the only one with balls

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah, Andy gone up in my estimation after that, especially after all the whinging and being a soft-**** for the tour up til now.

Voeckler is just incredible, like Armstrong said, the bloke really knows how to suffer - looks like he had to be carried off his bike by the end of the stage, absolutely unbelievable effort.

Still backing Evans ftw, hopefully Andy will hit the wall tomorrow and Evans will gun him in the TT.

Bobisback

International Regular
As soon as Contador attacked I thought, thats the end of Voeckler. Seemed to be right until I found whatever it was he found and lept of the gap. That was amazing, best part of the tour for mine. Better than what andy did yesterday. No matter what happens today he will go out of this alot better than what he came in and will be one of the people to beat next year.

Johnners

Love the stages in the Alps, always provide an awesome spectacle. Wonder how long it will take Liggett/Newman to realise that despite what they've said the past 4 years, Contador/Sastre/Schleck really weren't/aren't that much worse than Evans in the TT.

Bobisback

International Regular
Voeckler back in the yellow on the road. What a ride.

He would have to crack again in this climb though.

Johnners

AWTA, such a gun effort considering he's supposed to have cracked on every other day this week.

The way the true climbers like Schleck/Contador can just accelerate on these climbs is just ridiculous. Fingers crossed Cadel can hang on/get some more time on Andy.

Bobisback

International Regular
Contador will blow Cadel and Andy away tomorrow. Wish I had have had a plunge on him earlier today, looking good to kill this stage and make up some huge time.

Bobisback

International Regular
Yeah, yell and scream but dont ****ing touch them. And why the hell are you running next to the riders? Stupid Europeans.