• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Paine ***ting scandal, will resign

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let me propose a theory.

Tim Paine had ceased to be useful to the higher ups and they wanted him out ASAP for whomever is being brought in to do their bidding. The ***ting is just a thing that they could use to push him out. We're it not for that they would have dug around for some other thing to shame him out of office with.
Just one tiny tiny tiny problem with this theory: Cricket Australia is probably not thrilled that, amongst other things, they now need to completely re-do their corporate branding 3 weeks out from prime time, and that all the key sponsors need to air-brush Tim Paine out of every single ad and promotion.

If they were gonna do Tim Paine, he would have been done in the dead of the winter.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I actually feel incredibly sorry for Tim Paine and his family.

Most of the moralising pricks condemning him would have plenty of skeletons in their closets just waiting to see the light of day.

Gob

International Coach

Most of the moralising pricks condemning him would have plenty of skeletons in their closets just waiting to see the light of day.
Apparently his wife went through a lot even before this whole thing came out

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just one tiny tiny tiny problem with this theory: Cricket Australia is probably not thrilled that, amongst other things, they now need to completely re-do their corporate branding 3 weeks out from prime time, and that all the key sponsors need to air-brush Tim Paine out of every single ad and promotion.

If they were gonna do Tim Paine, he would have been done in the dead of the winter.
They've known about it for 4 years...if they wanted to pick their own time to expose Paine, they had plenty of chances. Although, to be fair, it's highly likely they're full of fat, useless ****s who are suckling on the corporate teat, so you can hardly blame them for leaving this sitting there until it exploded in their faces.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Why would you feel sorry for Tim Paine?

stephen

I still can't believe he busted out the tears and apologised for it. What a nonce. You shrug it off and say it was a mistake you made a few years ago and everyone involved has moved on.

Like literally nobody who actually watches cricket would give a **** and it might actually get some footy fans on board.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that was very striking. I'm not trying to downplay what he did (it's sleazy af and not how sportsman should conduct themselves imo) but no crime was committed. I don't think it's something which seriously brings the game into disrepute and his reaction seems ott

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just read the chat leading up to and immediately after the DP. She sure wasn't acting as if the whole thing was unsolicited. Pretty dick move to do something like this when you are married but when she says 'I'm going to have naughty thoughts while watching you on tv" or something down the line, DP is definitely in the offing
Nope, text and images are two completely different things.

duffer

I still can't believe he busted out the tears and apologised for it. What a nonce. You shrug it off and say it was a mistake you made a few years ago and everyone involved has moved on.

Like literally nobody who actually watches cricket would give a **** and it might actually get some footy fans on board.
The entire world now knows he's very moderately endowed