• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that annoy you about the Ashes

Craig

World Traveller
For me that everybody tries to be an expert when the have no idea what they are talking about. It's as bad as the World Cup, when people who don't give two ****s about cricket 99% of the time. Such examples include the OMG DR0P PONTING bunch. Move along people and go die.

Spark

Global Moderator
For me that everybody tries to be an expert when the have no idea what they are talking about. It's as bad as the World Cup, when people who don't give two ****s about cricket 99% of the time. Such examples include the OMG DR0P PONTING bunch. Move along people and go die.
IT'S ALL CLORKE'S FOULT!z

Blaze 18

Banned
There is nothing that annoys me about the Ashes, to be honest. The quality of cricket is obviously going to be great, as it involves the two premier test nations : the nation that invented cricket and the most successful team of all-time. The fan reactions, especially on places like cricinfo's facebook page, are quite hilarious and worth reading.

If at all there is a negative, it is that captains sometimes give the impression that they do not care too much about other series, so much so that a series defeat against another team gets justified as "preparation for the Ashes".

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Being forced to listen to Tony Greig in his element. He is like a pig in mud when England are beating Australia.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
When clueless people form their own Australian side consisting of ridicolous suggestions. Seriously, some of the sides named by the Australian public are just pathetic.

Also, Tony ****ing Greig.