• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst RoW side

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Chris Martin last played an ODI about four years ago!
It's a bit of fun, plus the fact he hasn't played for four years furthers the case for his selection

Craig

World Traveller
nehrafan said:
Vettori is a good bowler, unfortunate the ppl can't see that.

I would say,

Ganga
Taufeeq Umar
Nell
Marshall
Irani
Jones(wk)_
Ajit Agarkar
Sami VC
Shabbir Ahmad C
Danish Kaneria
Gul.
As a member of the AAAS you have been struck off our good list.

Danish Kaneria is also unlucky not to plat more ODIs for Pakistan.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Daren Ganga
*Xavier Marshall
Mohammad Hafeez
Vikram Solanki
James Marshall
Carlton Baugh
+Parthiv Patel
Omari Banks
Ajit Agarkar
Tino Best
Jon Lewis

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Shoaib said:
G Smith (C)
L Vincent
Y Hameed
A Prince
I Bell
M Clarke
G Jones (WK)
D Vettori
I Pathan
M Sami
A Nehra
sami????common man!i think you are one of those guys who has never seen him play and just says he is crap.you should have seen him bowl against india this year and he also made a 49 against them last year!!!!dont be silly

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
The teams are supposed to be composed of fairly regular players, which rules out Amla.
That didnt stop you picking Browne though, who I highly doubt will ever play another test.

And if your whole top 6 isnt better than Dwayne Smith Ill eat my hat.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Prince EWS said:
That didnt stop you picking Browne though, who I highly doubt will ever play another test.

And if your whole top 6 isnt better than Dwayne Smith Ill eat my hat.
Whether he plays another Test or not is merely guesswork, the point is he's still been a fairly regular player of late.

andyc

Shahid_afridi said:
sami????common man!i think you are one of those guys who has never seen him play and just says he is crap.you should have seen him bowl against india this year and he also made a 49 against them last year!!!!dont be silly
I'm more shocked at Clarke, and especially Vettori

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Scaly piscine said:
Test XI

Ganga
* Ganguly
Rudolph
Bell
Prince
Razzaq
+ Browne
Wiseman
Best
Sami
Martin
Wiseman is the only one I have trouble with in that list.

People rate Giles and Vettori on the same level...well I'd rate Wiseman about the same as Giles (maybe not batting, though Wiseman is no bunny).

*waits for backlash*

Edit: Actually he's worse than Giles. Geeze embarrassing :D But I wouldn't say hes the worst spinner at the moment...

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Test XI

Ganga
* Ganguly
Rudolph
Bell
Prince
Razzaq
+ Browne
Wiseman
Best
Sami
Martin
Lay off Ian Bell! He did hit two 50s on a turner against Warne and McGrath a couple of months back, you know. He's not all pairs. :p

andyc

Barney Rubble said:
Lay off Ian Bell! He did hit two 50s on a turner against Warne and McGrath a couple of months back, you know. He's not all pairs. :p
Well Hayden hit a century, but he still sucks.

Scaly piscine

Barney Rubble said:
There's no chance me laying off of Bell when:

1) He's rubbish
2) He looks like a gremlin or something
3) He's playing ahead of Collingwood
4) marc's overprotective of him

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I should have fitted in Lokurahettige or whatever that guy's name is in there. He opened the bowling and batted at 3 for Sri Lanka in a final. I cannot imagine a worse player who could have had such a big vote of confidence in a big match. (yeah, I know India don't win finals, but still, it WAS a big match.)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Barney Rubble said:
One was the scratchiest 50 this side of your local DJ, and the other was during the innings throughout the Ashes where the least pressure was on the batsmen. I think to use those two innings to defend him is a little generous.

I still think he could be a player, mind you, but his performances in the Ashes are not what I'd be using to defend him.