• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst RoW side

Barney Rubble

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
One was the scratchiest 50 this side of your local DJ, and the other was during the innings throughout the Ashes where the least pressure was on the batsmen. I think to use those two innings to defend him is a little generous.

I still think he could be a player, mind you, but his performances in the Ashes are not what I'd be using to defend him.
Fair point. I don't think my opinion that he will be a top class player in the future is that stupid, but you're right in pointing out that I don't really have much evidence to rely on. I'm clutching at straws a little bit when talking about those 50s, but his FC record and his attitude to the game, coupled with a technique that I think is better than a lot of people give him credit for, at least show there could be something there.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Shahid_afridi said:
sami????common man!i think you are one of those guys who has never seen him play and just says he is crap.you should have seen him bowl against india this year and he also made a 49 against them last year!!!!dont be silly
That, or one of the guys who've noticed that it takes him 13.3 overs to get a Test wicket and that they cost 47 runs each.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Beleg said:
those of you considering Razzaq among your ODI teams: HAHAHAHAHA
I actually agree with that.

Granted his bowling has gone from decent to quite poor but his batting is very good, and he's played some terrific knocks in ODIs. He's no all-rounder, just a batsman who can bowl in my opinion. Very harsh on him to be in a Worst XI.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
3) He's playing ahead of Collingwood
Who's hardly Bradman himself. Infact, however much I do actually like him, neither his batting nor bowling deserves to get him a place in England's test team

nehrafan

Banned
Shahid_afridi said:
sami????common man!i think you are one of those guys who has never seen him play and just says he is crap.you should have seen him bowl against india this year and he also made a 49 against them last year!!!!dont be silly

Its amazing as to how i'm in agreement with Mr Shoaib on one issue, and that issue is that M Sami is a total crap bowler!

nehrafan

Banned
Jono said:
I actually agree with that.

Granted his bowling has gone from decent to quite poor but his batting is very good, and he's played some terrific knocks in ODIs. He's no all-rounder, just a batsman who can bowl in my opinion. Very harsh on him to be in a Worst XI.

Some ppl just like to see the decline in his bowling and don't bother to actually look at how destructive he has been with his batting in ODI.

Craig

World Traveller
Scaly piscine said:
Test XI

Ganga
* Ganguly
Rudolph
Bell
Prince
Razzaq
+ Browne
Wiseman
Best
Sami
Martin
Agree about Ganguly as he is not an opener in Tests (well for the majority of his career he hasn't) so of course he isn't usefull there.

Feel as though Bell is a bit unlucky to be there.

Craig

World Traveller
vic_orthdox said:
One was the scratchiest 50 this side of your local DJ, and the other was during the innings throughout the Ashes where the least pressure was on the batsmen. I think to use those two innings to defend him is a little generous.

I still think he could be a player, mind you, but his performances in the Ashes are not what I'd be using to defend him.
That maybe so, but what people forget is the amount of good and unplayable balls he recieved and one or two dodgy decisions. He only threw away his wicket only a few times.

You don't need somebody like me to tell you that cricket is not all black & white.

The present ROW 11 side is doing everyting in its capacity to go down as the one of the worst in the history.

NO team can beat Pollock's clueless mens!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
1. Devon Smith
2. C Cumming
3. D Ganga (c)
4. I Bell
5. T Dilshan
6. Dwayne Smith
7. C Browne (wk)
8. P Wiseman
9. C Martin
10. J Anderson
11. M Sami

I like to see this team win a test

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
1. Devon Smith
2. C Cumming
3. D Ganga (c)
4. I Bell
5. T Dilshan
6. Dwayne Smith
7. C Browne (wk)
8. P Wiseman
9. C Martin
10. J Anderson
11. M Sami

I like to see this team win a test
Give them a first morning green seamer and Martin & Anderson might get somewhere.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
That maybe so, but what people forget is the amount of good and unplayable balls he recieved and one or two dodgy decisions. He only threw away his wicket only a few times.

You don't need somebody like me to tell you that cricket is not all black & white.
What you forget is how many balls he made look unplayable by tentatively edging them virtually every time. Look at one he edged off Tait, it was a half-volley which should have been hit for 4 but he stood right back and prodded at it (followed by the usual people who never actually bother to look at the actual delivery iself saying what a great delivery it was).

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
Give them a first morning green seamer and Martin & Anderson might get somewhere.
Chris Martin at nine is another surpriser?

I don't care what somebody might think, Martin's spot is at number 11, and unless he made some cash "donations" there is no way he would get at 9 or 10.

It should be:

9. Sami
10. Anderson
11. Martin

Unless the pitch is a flat road (offering nothing) then he can also bowl well on flat wickets (like he did against South Africa last year).

Shoaib

Banned
nehrafan said:
Vettori is a good bowler, unfortunate the ppl can't see that.
he is definitly good but only when compared to Harbhajan ,not anyone else.

nehrafan said:
I would say,

Ganga
Taufeeq Umar
Nell
Marshall
Irani
Jones(wk)_
Ajit Agarkar
Sami VC
Shabbir Ahmed
Danish Kaneria
Gul.
nehrafan's posts r always an attempt to flame bait Pakistani forum members especially me & that only shows his jelousy for our great cricketers.I think Pathan,Balaji & Nehra look more suitable at those places.U r jealous because your country can't produce legends like them.There r so many pace foundations & academies in India but till the present day,they haven't produced even a single person whom u can give a place in the list of good bowlers.legends like Dennis Lillee & Wasim Akram can do no harm to people r talent-less by birth.

Last edited:

nehrafan

Banned
Shoaib said:
nehrafan's posts r always an attempt to flame bait Pakistani forum members especially me & that only shows his jelousy for our great cricketers.I think Pathan,Balaji & nehra look more suitable at those places.U r jealous because your country can't produce legends like them.There r so many pace foundations & academies in India but till the present day,they haven't produced even a single person whom u can give a place in the list of good bowlers.legends like Dennis Lillee & Wasim Akram can do no harm to people r talent-less by birth.
1, i only expressed my opinion about a poor side and named some players.

2, None of the players happen to be great, noone can disagree with that.

3, I don't want to get into argument with you as i don't want any threads to be closed down.Its very clear as to who is starting flame bait here :@ , but at the same time i understand ur grudge as i am aware of the sorry state of ur bowling attack.

Shoaib

Banned
nehrafan said:
I don't want to get into argument with you as i don't want any threads to be closed down.Its very clear as to who is starting flame bait here :@ , but at the same time i understand ur grudge as i am aware of the sorry state of ur bowling attack.
U've been warned twice for flame baiting other members.How can u deny that?Indian bowling attack is worst amongst the test playing nations (excluding Zim & Ban) & whole world knows that.Shoaib Akhtar,ShabbirAhmed,Umar Gul,Abdul Razzaq ,Shoaib Malik & Danish Kaneria make a better attack than that of India & only a foolish & mind-less person can rate Pakistani bowling attack as 'poor'.

nehrafan

Banned
Shoaib said:
U've been warned twice for flame baiting other members.How can u deny that?Indian bowling attack is worst amongst the test playing nations (excluding Zim & Ban) & whole world knows that.Shoaib Akhtar,ShabbirAhmed,Umar Gul,Abdul Razzaq ,Shoaib Malik & Danish Kaneria make a better attack than that of India & only a foolish & mind-less person can rate Pakistani bowling attack as 'poor'.
THis thread is NOT ABOUT india and Pak bowlers, i don't think James is going to allow such discussions here therefore i'm NOT going to go into arguments with you on it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
chaminda_00 said:
your team doesn't even meet your own criteria; Rao, Irani and Patel don't play enough to be counted. 8-)
Oh damn, ok, so your team wins. But mine will give yours a good run for the money still.:p