• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Tier of Cricketers After Root, Williamson, Smith, Kohli

Heboric

International Debutant
Where does Quentin De Kock fit in all these 'tiers' floating around

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Tests?

I rank Pujara right up there with the best going around currently.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, I see what happened. My intention when I created this thread was to try to find the new wave of young talent in the international game...

I wasn't trying to make it seem as a hierarchy; instead, I wanted to think of this as a horizontal shift. As time goes by, the once new breed turns old and new and fresh faces takes over.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, I see what happened. My intention when I created this thread was to try to find the new wave of young talent in the international game...

I wasn't trying to make it seem as a hierarchy; instead, I wanted to think of this as a horizontal shift. As time goes by, the once new breed turns old and new and fresh faces takes over.
Ah ok. Well in that case, assuming the cut off age is 23(?) I'd add Renshaw and Hameed to that list of 4 you've got. Not predicting amazing things for any of them but I think they'll all carve out respectable international careers.

I'd like to start listing down all the Indian young stars but we predicted great things for the last bunch like Zol, Chand and Apparajith and nothing has come of them as of yet, so I'll be holding back on those predictions. No doubt Shri will come in and advocate Shaw/Pant though.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i remember when Kohli, Raina and Rohit came onto the scene around the same time around 09 I tipped Raina to have the best career out of all of em

lol

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Be serious now
Match winning 176 against Starc,Hazlewood when the next highest was Smith's 55

1st Test, Australia tour of Sri Lanka at Kandy, Jul 26-30 2016 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

Second fastest Sri Lankan to 1000 ODI runs,its just that bowlers have come up with set plans against him.Example, India bowling a just outside off stump length to Mendis during ODI series,and Hasan Ali bouncing him out.His shot selection is a concern, but without a shade of doubt best batting prospect in Sri Lanka at the moment

cnerd123

likes this
Ah ok. Well in that case, assuming the cut off age is 23(?) I'd add Renshaw and Hameed to that list of 4 you've got. Not predicting amazing things for any of them but I think they'll all carve out respectable international careers.

I'd like to start listing down all the Indian young stars but we predicted great things for the last bunch like Zol, Chand and Apparajith and nothing has come of them as of yet, so I'll be holding back on those predictions. No doubt Shri will come in and advocate Shaw/Pant though.
Sarfraz Khan IMO