• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Theresa May XI

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Needs a dour opener who gave the impression of being strong and stable before being well, not.

How about Nick Compton.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
OK here's my UK Parliament Aussie XI

1. James (Arthur) Morris
2. Keith (Bobby) Simpson
3. Steve (Stan) McCabe
4. Mike (Clem) Hill
5. Simon (Pup) Clarke
6. Maria (Keith) Miller
7. John (Ian) Healey
8. Boris (Mitch) Johnson
9. Ross (Jeff) Thomson
10. Phillip (Brett) Lee

Scary pace attack.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
WI team

1. Sir Roger (Chris) Gale
2. Damian (Wavell) Hinds
3. Paul (Stuart) Williams
4. Jeremy (Conrad) Hunt
5. Stephen (Clive) Lloyd
6. Mark (Roger) Harper
7. Ian (various) Murray (w)
8. Damian (Pedro) Collins
9. David (Winston) Davis
10. Colin (Sylvester) Clark
11. Owen (Patrick) Paterson

12. Hilary (Sulieman) Benn

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
England

1. Angela (John) Crawley
2. Christine (Douglas) Jardine (c)
3. Philip (Wally) Hammond
4. Theresa (Peter) May
5. Cat (Robin) Smith
6. Norman (Allan) Lamb
7. Dawn (Jos) Butler (w)
8. Adrian (Trevor) Bailey
9. Rushanara (Moeen) Ali
10. Heidi (Gubby) Allen
11. Mark (Mike) Hendrick

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Karl (Glenn) Turner
2. Jeremy (John) Wright
3. Pauline (Rod) Latham
4. Chris (Kane) Williamson
5. Darren (Andrew) Jones
6. George (Geoff) Howarth (c)
7. Alun (Chris) Cairns
8. Owen (Ian) Smith (w)
9. Priti (Jeetan) Patel
10. Nigel (Kyle) Mills
11. David (Heath) Davies

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I was thinking that most people are putting too much thought into this when all you need to qualify for a Theresa May XI would be to be ugly. But then trying to come up with ugly cricketers is not that easy once you get beyond Derek Pringle and Colin Croft.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As much as I applaud Fred's zeal I have to say, I'm not that keen on having political stuff in Cricket Chat, FFS there's enough of it every ****ing place nowadays.

Yet, I'll go with Mark Ramprakash (only made a string of twenties at the start of his career, but they were highly obdurate innings against a quality attack, which had us all thinking he could be class) Tim Robinson clearly, averaged zillions before he faced the Windies quicks. Alex Tudor and Dean Headley to bowl, even though they were both cut down by injuries, still hugely disappointing. Maybe Richard Ellison as well? Spin bowler, the Python gotta be, even though he took a lot of wickets.